Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

How To Stop Eating So Much

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 9:46 PM
  • 8 Replies

So Im only 8 weeks, and I can not stop eating, Im seriously always hungry. I eat healthy foods & the occasional snack but its overwhelming on how much I eat. Then my stomach gets really bloated where I look like Im 20-24 weeks instead of 8 weeks were I should not be showing at all. I try to take my mind of it but its so hard. 

by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 9:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
wife2jeff
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 10:02 PM

Try drinking more water?  GL!

staciababy
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 10:12 PM

Your baby is tiny! Stop thinking with the mentality of "I'm eating for two." You need only a small increase in calories when you're pregnant, and it's less in the first trimester than later. You 're have to get a handle on things now, otherwise when you're looking at postpartum you in 32 weeks, you'll wish you had stopped when you could have. It's hard, but you can do it!!!

nikkib_3687
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 10:17 PM

Maybe try eating more protein? It would keep you fuller longer.

AProsser
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 10:18 PM
2 moms liked this
Eat up momma. Your tummy is growling and your hungry.... then eat that healthy food! :) Its not like your eating Brownies and chips... now that would be a different story. But healthy eating.... ur good. :) At 8 weeks I was the same.... always hungry.... at ten weeks.. I couldn't hold nothing down and lost a lot of weight untilled I hit 16 weeks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy2bRN007
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 12:32 AM
1 mom liked this
So eat!! You ARE eating for two... It will continue when/if you breastfeed... You burn tons of calories being pregnant and breastfeeding.. Eat up momma!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mnmo3bb
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 12:37 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree with hunger means you should eat. Protein and extra water should help but honestly your metabolism is faster and if you are eating because you are hungry and not because you are bored, it is all good. Focus on healthy snacks and make sure you get a good protein, carb and fat with each meal or snack. Eating small meals more often will help curb morning sickness and avoid heartburn.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KatieGirls2
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 1:25 AM
1 mom liked this
Totally agree, great advice :)

Quoting mnmo3bb:

I agree with hunger means you should eat. Protein and extra water should help but honestly your metabolism is faster and if you are eating because you are hungry and not because you are bored, it is all good. Focus on healthy snacks and make sure you get a good protein, carb and fat with each meal or snack. Eating small meals more often will help curb morning sickness and avoid heartburn.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Jun. 20, 2012 at 1:26 AM
2 moms liked this

Try adding more protein and green veggies to your diet. Nuts, milk, cheese, greek yogurt, spinach, etc. They'll help keep you fuller for longer.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)