Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

If you want a specific gender...

If you REEEEAlly wante a baby boy or baby girl how many times would you try before giving it quits lol we love our boy and are due with another boy and wanna try one more time for a girl... I was wondering if there was any lady's that would try more for a certain gender
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 6:46 PM
Replies (21-30):
msbusychild
by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 12:38 AM
I have four boys, and am 13 weeks with my 5th! So hoping it's a girl, and I'm not so sure I want to keep trying at this point if it's not.......hopefully though!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kriztiibee
by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 1:38 AM
Same here' :) but hubs said if all three are boys and under age 37 we r Gona try one more time :) and I'm fine with that' I will not have any more after 37

Quoting mommy092011:

We want 3 kids. We want a girl but if we get all boys we will be just as happy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kriztiibee
by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 1:38 AM
Same here' :) but hubs said if all three are boys and under age 37 we r Gona try one more time :) and I'm fine with that' I will not have any more after 37

Quoting mommy092011:

We want 3 kids. We want a girl but if we get all boys we will be just as happy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Jun. 23, 2012 at 1:49 AM

I'm not planning to try more if I don't get a boy next time. I have 2 girls. If I get a 3rd, oh well. It would be nice to have a boy. But we only want 3 kids so we will stop after that no matter what.

I have a friend who has horrible back problems to the point of needing constant surgeries and having to live on morphine. She has 4 boys. They were done after 3 kids but she REALLY wanted a girl. So even though she has bad health problems, and can't handle the kids she has, they kept trying through multiple miscarriages and finally are having a girl, their 5th child.

rockabillybetty
by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 1:50 AM
My SIL has 5girls after trying and trying and...(well u get it lol) for a boy..as crazy as she is she will keep trying on my part i would have stopped at 3 lol as iam now i have one of each but really want another boy..id my bun is a girl my daughter has a lifelong friend if a boy same for my son and another sister protector
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PaCsSupermom
by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 7:04 AM

My mom wanted a girl after my oldest brother, three boys later they gave up and my dad had a vasectomy. Two years after that they found out they were pregnant with with me :) And yes I am my dads and they checked his vasectomy and it was fine. lol we are called BAVs and they DO happen!! But back to the post, my parents went to five to have a girl.

PystolWalker
by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 7:05 AM
I have 8. Six girls and two boys.. But i want one more boy... I know it sounds like alot but.... Three of mine are grown... I have currently three with my hubby, all girls... I want a boy!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pearl12108
by Member on Jun. 24, 2012 at 2:23 PM
I have 3 sons from a previous marriage.. My ex didn't want to try for a girl and had a vasectemy. I however could not come to grips with never trying for my girl. Luckily I have a new man in my life years later, and we are pregnant with our first child together. We both want a girl.. I am almost 13 weeks, so still too early to tell. If we have a boy first, we plan to try again for a girl.
kris0921
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 2:41 PM

I really wanted a boy with my son, and I got him, with this baby I really wanted a girl, and I am having a girl. I guess I am lucky I want what I am expecting lol.

Devious103102
by Ruby Member on Jun. 24, 2012 at 2:43 PM

Honestly, it's not dependant on the sex of the child as much as our finances.  I want a boy SO badly, but I have 4 daugters.  I'd be willing to have 1 more child (though not so much for the sex of the child as I just love being preg and I love my children) BUT financially we know it'd be better for us to stop (though we could make it if the situation were to arise).   If finances were no issue 6 children would be my limit, but I'm happy with my 4 daughters. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)