Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What to pack in your hospital bag when having a c-section and what to have for your babys bag?

Posted by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 8:19 PM
  • 11 Replies
I was wondering what I need to pack in my hospital bag? And what to pack in the baby's hospital bag? I am having a scheduled c-section for medically reasons and I don't know if there's different things I should pack?
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 8:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
-Kney-
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 8:21 PM
Its pretty much the same stuff you would pack.. i cant remember since its been 6 yrs since my last labor so im kind of clueless too
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FarmGirl2B
by Silver Member on Jun. 24, 2012 at 9:45 PM
The loosest fitting sweat pants you can find, slip on shoes, and magazines.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emilymomma133
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 9:48 PM
Underware that do not sit on your incision, your own preference of maxi pad, a pillow for home, lots of entertainment.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babynurse244
by Bronze Member on Jun. 24, 2012 at 9:56 PM

and do not take cute, lacey panties. The nurses don't care and won't be impressed. Especially if we're the ones trying to get the lacey panties unstuck from your staples......

Babies are messy at first. I left mine in the shirts and diapers the hospital provided. Take one or two outfits for going home. Soemthing comfy for you to wear in the hospital or at home.

Quoting emilymomma133:

Underware that do not sit on your incision, your own preference of maxi pad, a pillow for home, lots of entertainment.

duchessofhearts
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 9:59 PM
Get a boppy they are a God sent
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jlh2011
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 10:35 PM

I had my csection planned for june 1, but my baby girl came the 31 of may. i had all these clothes in my bag, slippers, tshirts, etc. all types of loose fitting stuff, and i ended up not wearing any of it until it was time to come home. they gave me mesh underwear and they were just easier to wear because they came up to your belly button so they didnt sit anywhere near your incision. and i just stayed in the gown the hospital gave me. if you are breastfeeding they give you a fancier one where you can easily pull your boobs out and that was even easier yet. i would recommend a nursing bra though too. but i didnt wear anything of my own until i was released from the hospital. and as far as baby stuff, the only thing i took in was the coming home outfit.

i hope this helps. good luck!

gavin423
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 10:50 PM

I couldn't stand the hospital gowns because after I had my catheter removed I was up and moving around as much as possible and preferred to be dressed. I wore loose fitting shorts/pajama pants with loose t-shirts/tank tops with nursing bras. I take a few bras because I ended up leaking on them quite a bit.

I took my personal hygiene items rather than using the ones they provided. I took my boppy and some breast pads. I took my camera & charger, laptop & charger, cell phone and charger. That's really about all I ended up using. Between sleeping, nursing, visiting and enjoying my little ones, I didn't really have time to watch tv, movies, or any of that stuff.

For baby, I tend to take a bunch of clothes and don't use the hospital provided stuff - but that's a personal choice. I'll also be taking all I need for cloth dipes and wipes. I took the baby book obviously to get their little hand/foot prints done. I tend to have little ones with tons of hair so I take the brush & for my girls I have/will take little bows and such for pics.

Cassondra09
by Member on Jun. 24, 2012 at 10:54 PM
One great piece of advice make sure ur pants or shorts aren't tight and are loose fitting otherwise it could b painful!! Otherwise pack stuff for the baby and things to do like books and movies etc
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hisbabymama18
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 7:12 PM
Like everyone else said loose fitting clothes and undies that don't come near your incision **think granny panties*** I bring three or four outfits for the baby for all my pictures and I bring all my own baby care products because I really love Burt's bees smell and what it does for my babies skin..then all the normal stuff like camera and cozy socks...I brought my boppy and own pillow from home.

shortyali
by Bronze Member on Jul. 1, 2012 at 3:36 AM
Everything above but I left the boppy at home. I personally never used one and if I needed a pillow to cover my incision I just used theirs. I took my own pillows just cause I do that for everywhere I go. I took loose fitting shorts pjs for day to day while there and I used the underware they give you, the mesh ones, and I used the pads they gave me and even took some of those home. They were the perfect size to cover my incision for the first couple of days.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured