Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Labor time

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2007 at 8:39 AM
  • 6 Replies
Quick question, with my 1st child my labor was 2 hours, then 2 hours of pushing. Is your labor usually shorter with with your 2nd child?

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
by on Dec. 4, 2007 at 8:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
JessicaRose
by on Dec. 4, 2007 at 8:54 AM
I've always read that it is in most pregnancies, but wow your first was pretty quick!
peachwine
by on Dec. 4, 2007 at 9:40 AM

Well the old saying was true for me. My first was 26 hrs, my second was only 6 hours. I told dh that I bet this one will only take me 3-4.  *hopeful wishing*

Do you live far from the hospital?

JENN182
by on Dec. 4, 2007 at 9:41 AM
yes it is  I only push 2 times
BrookC
by on Dec. 4, 2007 at 9:48 AM

Quoting peachwine:

Well the old saying was true for me. My first was 26 hrs, my second was only 6 hours. I told dh that I bet this one will only take me 3-4.  *hopeful wishing*

Do you live far from the hospital?

I live about 10 miles from the hospital, so no, not far. With my 1st they inducde me becuase he (the baby) was unresponsive. They gave me that cervical gel to induce, but that was only in for about 10 min and my sons heart rate dropped really low, so they quick rinsed the gel out. I haden't even had a contraction at that point. They wanted to wait 2 hours to monitor him before they started pitocin, then they wanted to break my water before they started that. So I actually never got the pitocin, they just broke my water, and 2 hours later I was pushing. I hope it goes as easy this time, except for the tearing. I ended up with 4th degree tearing due to it going so fast (I think).

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
gabrielle_x
by on Dec. 4, 2007 at 9:55 AM
Well it's clear isn't it? You're going to be one of those mommys who have their babies in the toilet and don't realize till they try to pull up their pants!!!!lol just kidding lol..

Your labor might actually take longer since it was so fast the first time..

pregnancy

Can't wait till Chastity's here!!!

Poki07
by on Dec. 4, 2007 at 10:07 AM
My labor with my 1st was 42 mins, my 2nd was 1 hour and my 3rd was 13 mins! So, it varies with every pregnancy.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)