Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Facebook & Pregnancy Updates

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 9:46 PM
  • 55 Replies

Do you plan to update on FB about your l&d? If yes, to what degree? If no, why?

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 9:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lillucky8
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 9:47 PM
Probably not much until baby is born w stats, maybe a quick labor has started or something, but no major details. I do not post any pics of my kids online at all.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ask275
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 9:52 PM
Probably not the labor part, but I will probably post about the baby being born once I'm myself again a day or two after delivery. Not sure how soon I will post pictures. With my DS we waited 2 weeks because we had a photographer take pictures in the hospital for a birth announcement and that was the first picture we posted.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babie113
by Silver Member on Jun. 29, 2012 at 9:53 PM
Yup
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babie113
by Silver Member on Jun. 29, 2012 at 9:53 PM
Yup
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
iMommyDi
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 9:54 PM
What I do is a simple "here we go" or something similar as I KNOW I'm in labor. it's very alluding and not exact. Some got it. Some didn't. I didn't get back on my phone until after the boys arrived and I posted the birth announcement. Plan to do the same for the third!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
091612RmhGss
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 9:55 PM
Just Saying " Hes Coming Tonight(: "
And When Hes Born With A Pic of Him!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Terri1985
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 10:24 PM
2 moms liked this
Im having a scheduled c-section that will be kept a secret except from a few, ds mom dad stepmom mil and siblings. I know that there will be a lot of upset people but when I had ds 5yr ago there were two waiting rooms full of people waiting and people in and out and sleeping on the floor and then 5 full days of people in and out and looking back I really didn't get the time I needed to bond and rest. So this time it will be very low key and when we get settled at home I will take visitors. I know it sounds so selfish but my first experience was just horrible and I think everyone will get over it, I just want to share this with dh.
Beautifulmom513
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2012 at 10:25 PM

no. I probably won't say anything about the baby coming till after it comes.

blessed_mommy11
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 10:29 PM
I don't think it sounds selfish at all!! It is ur prefeance and people just need tk understand that it is a special time for u and ur hubby, if u xlnt want a bunch of people there then ur wishes need to be respected.

Quoting Terri1985:

Im having a scheduled c-section that will be kept a secret except from a few, ds mom dad stepmom mil and siblings. I know that there will be a lot of upset people but when I had ds 5yr ago there were two waiting rooms full of people waiting and people in and out and sleeping on the floor and then 5 full days of people in and out and looking back I really didn't get the time I needed to bond and rest. So this time it will be very low key and when we get settled at home I will take visitors. I know it sounds so selfish but my first experience was just horrible and I think everyone will get over it, I just want to share this with dh.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lizzys_mommy13
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 10:32 PM

I will probably update so people know when I am in the hospital, but I am not giving details on anything. Only thing they may find out is "this hurts like hell" and "baby is here." lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN