Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

swelling. . .i'm only 5 months pregnant???

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 11:39 PM
  • 13 Replies

I am due in November and with the weather here i can not control the swelling in my feet. My feet are so wollen that they ache. With dd i didn't swell at all so this is new to me. Is it normal? Should i call my doctor?

by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 11:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
love.my.marine
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 11:40 PM
It's normal
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lmp09
by Silver Member on Jun. 29, 2012 at 11:40 PM

BUMP!

ksprague
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 11:59 PM

BUMP!

Rose87
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Water, cut back on sodium, and rest w/ feet up

If you notice swelling in hands and face as well, call doc.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
myrandabrown13
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 12:55 AM

im only 10 weeks(with my 4th) and am having swelling in my feet...i agree with the pp's that its normal just stay off your feet a little more and watch for other signs

Junebaby18
by Bronze Member on Jun. 30, 2012 at 12:02 PM
Drink tons of water. The more water you drink, the more flushed out your system will be. It may seem weird that since you are swollen to drink more water, but that's the best thing to do. It will also help with constipation, if you have that problem.
MommyO2-6631
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 2:03 PM
Lay flat on your back and prop your feet up with a pillow or two. Drink lots of water. Cut salt out of your diet. If your feet don't go down after lots of rest, like over night, then i would call your doc and maybe have your blood pressure checked just as a precaution. Better safe than sorry!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gumeshoe
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 4:12 PM

I'm due mid oct and my feet have been swollen for weeks, but now it is very minor. Car rides are the worst. I found out that I can't drink any soda. Even half a can and my feet will swell up double in 15 mins.

I haven't cut out salt at all. I haven't had any blood pressure issues btw.

liz1982549
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 4:21 PM
I am 21 weeks and I have been swollen for a coupke of months, I asked doc b/c I always get pre eclampsia. Doc said it is normal but if swelling doesn't go down with putting my feet up then that is cause for worry. So it is normal to swell, especially when it is 100 degrees plus
BabieBeat
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 4:42 PM
Don't ever hesitate to call and ask your doctor, midwife or health care team about any questions or concerns you may have. They are there to educate and inform you ~ that's their job!!! And always ~ and trust your gut...xo
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN