Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Pregnant bridesmaid

Posted by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 4:38 PM
  • 25 Replies

Kind of a random question...I am in a wedding and I will be about 20 weeks then.  I am only 7 right now so we havent told anyone yet and don't plan to until 12 weeks.  We ordered the dresses before we were trying so that is already done.  Has anyone ever been in this situtaion?  I will obviously make a special call to the bride and assure her that I will do whatever makes her most comfortable.  Assuming she stills wants me to stand up, has anyone ever had to make a very non maternity dress into a maternity one?? I have no idea what to expect since it will clearly not fit.  

by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 4:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
FarmGirl2B
by Silver Member on Jul. 2, 2012 at 6:14 PM
One of my bridesmaids was 5 months along at my wedding. I had chosen a dress with an asymmetrical waist. You couldn't see baby at all.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FarmGirl2B
by Silver Member on Jul. 2, 2012 at 6:15 PM
Contact the bridal salon to see what your options are. They may be able to work with you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Koux
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 9:43 PM
It really depends on the dress. Some styles are very easy to let out or slightly alter, some would be nearly impossible. I suggest taking it into a tailor and finding out your options.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kblpooh
by Silver Member on Jul. 2, 2012 at 9:48 PM
I was 9 months pregnant when I was in my friend's wedding. I had to order extra material so the seamstress could add an extra panel in for me. The style was umpire waist so that made it easier.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
toria2316
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 9:50 PM

I had 2 people pregnant in my wedding. They were both around 30 weeks. If you feel that strongly about them it really doesn't matter. 

kkps725
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 9:54 PM
Me!!!! I will be 27 weeks at a wedding in september!! I just got one that was wayy to big that was loose fit.. They let me exchange my old one for a new size bc obviouly a two will be too small lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
doulala
by Emerald Member on Jul. 2, 2012 at 9:58 PM

So you already ordered it and aren't telling anyone--       do you have someone that can do alterations?
Depending on the design, there may be a way...
GL!

And congrats!!

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Jul. 2, 2012 at 11:12 PM
I agree

Quoting Koux:

It really depends on the dress. Some styles are very easy to let out or slightly alter, some would be nearly impossible. I suggest taking it into a tailor and finding out your options.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsStacey12
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 8:06 AM

I was a pregnant bride 1 1/2 weeks ago! :)

RyansMommie07
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 9:17 AM

i had to have a panel sewn into my bridal gown. a good tailor can do it, and you can probably get extra fabric from the dress company you ordered your dress from. they also would have to "let it out" a bit in the bustline. i loved the way my dress came out, and it went from a beaded lace a-line fitted gown to an empire waist fitted in the bustline and flowy on the bottom. i think i loved it more after alterations :)

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Ryan and Troy are going to be Big Brothers!  Baby Boy Myers ... coming this summer!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN