Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

question

Posted by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 3:06 AM
  • 12 Replies

I had my mirena taken out may 24th.  Its now july 3rd.  I am nauseated all the time.  The website to the mirena said if I havent had a period by the 6th week to contact my doctor.  The 6th week will be july 5th.  This will be my 3rd child.  Im just wondring if anyone else had the mirena.  Im just looking for advice.  Also needing advic on telling people to quit running their mouth about us wanting another child.  we are married and have been for 6 yrs and together longer we both have good jobs.  My daughter is 5 almost 6 son is 2 almost 3.  our kids are well taken care of and we never ask people to watch them so i dont see why they are giving us grief.  Please help!

by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 3:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Jul. 3, 2012 at 3:23 AM
1 mom liked this

If you don't like what people say, ignore them. They aren't worth the time and you shouldn't care.

It's not uncommon for Mirena to ruin your hormones- you could be out of balance for 2 months to 2 years! So while you could be pregnant, you're also very likely to be experiencing normal side effects of an IUD removal. Have you tested at all?

mommyof2kids306
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 3:26 AM

yes we have 2 times but it was too early to tell we are going to test again on july 5th when the mirena site said too.  I do ignore most comments but its the ones from family that bug me the most. 

todmom92
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 3:30 AM
1 mom liked this

ooh congrats sounds like a bfp is in your future ! I would just ignore them dont let others rain on your parade .... If you want another then go for it its none of their bussiness and their crappy for giving you grief long story short tell em to stuff it !

mommyof2kids306
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 4:03 AM

thanks i had to look up bfp lol my husband and i have told several off but we want to be grown ups about it i hate drama

mommyjenn84
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 4:09 AM
A. Ignore everyone

B. In my experience, having it removed mimics pregnancy. Its usually your body trying to adjust. Not impossible to be pregnant, but ill say, it sounds more like your body is trying to readjust
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyof2kids306
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 4:21 AM

thanks my doctor said it could be anytime so idk but thanks for ur input ill let everyone know what i find out

mommyof2kids306
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 5:09 AM
I just tested a few min ago and got a negative so I've decided to stop taking test for a month.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nickigoingon8
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 8:54 AM
1 mom liked this

Not sure about the Mirena thing because I have never used it and the only person I know that has got pregnant while she still had it in.....as far as everyone running their mouths...ignore them, who cares what they think or say. It is your family and your choice how big you want to make it and I would tell them just like that..I have heard things like this for years...going on my 8th baby so you can imagine how many times I have heard it lol...I don't let it bug me anymore. : ) Good Luck and hope you are pregnant if that is what you want!!

CafeMom Tickers
mommyof2kids306
by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 9:23 AM
Thanks so much and yes we want it so far I'm not but it will happen when it's Gods will
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
motherof33333
by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 9:38 AM
1 mom liked this

Just ignore people they aint got nothing better to do,good luck on conceiving

CafeMom Tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)