Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

I AM HAVING A BOY AND I ASKED MY NURSE A FEW QUESTIONS ABOUT CIRCUMSISING.

ONE WAS WOULD THEY GIVE MY SON LOCAL ANESTHETIC SO HE DIDNT FEEL ANYTHING? AND SHE SAID NO!!!!!!

MY HOSPITAL DOES NOT ALLOW LOCAL ANESTHETIC FOR THAT!!! EVEN IF YOU ASK!!!

THIS IS HORRIBLE!

MY CHILD IS NOT AN ANIMAL!  :(   SO SAD.

by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 2:49 PM
Replies (41-50):
paramore-marie
by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 11:26 PM
They usually don't.. My nephew didn't get any when we took him in to do his. But don't worry, just like being born, your child is too young to even remember any of it. Plus it's over just like that! It's sad I know but it's better than you risking infections and other things from deciding not to have your son circumsised...
ginalyn
by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 11:30 PM
The hospital where I'm delivering does it and that's the first thing the nurse said when we got to the part if the tour by the nursery. The hospital where I delivered my youngest gave him a local anesthetic too. I'm having a boy this time too I'm glad I don't have to worry about any of that. I say stand your ground and demand it or find someone else to do it. Sorry what you're going through. Hang in there mama. {{HUGS}}
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amc103
by Silver Member on Jul. 7, 2012 at 3:25 AM

If you're having a boy, my advice is to do as MUCH research as you can about circumsicsion. It's not as common as it used to be in the US anymore and its barbaric, in my opinion. I was torn as a first time mom.....I had always thought it was "normal" untill I did the research. How could I put my son through that? I watched the procedure being done.....there was no way in hell. It was the best decision I think Ive made for him. Plus, if later in life he decides he dosent want his foreskin, (which I think dosent happen much) its still there for him to decide. I could talk about this for ages. PM me if you'd like information. 

amc103
by Silver Member on Jul. 7, 2012 at 3:32 AM

its really not more work to clean. If y ou do active research on how to clean it, (like a finger) how retraction should go in a boy's life (they do it on their own....age2-3 is SUPER exploration age, lol) , teaching THEM how to clean it correctly as they grow, its truly not more work at all. If you work with him as he grows, everything will be fine!!!!! The infection thing ISNT true. My DS is 3 yrs and 3 months and can retract his foreskin about 75 percent already. He's never had an infection or any problem, and later in life, when he IS sexually active, he'll have more sensitivity to enjoy it! If you have ANY feeling in your gut like it might not be right, do research so you can be totally confident in either decision. :-) 

Quoting ANNETTELYNN:

i have thought about not doing it. but i researched that it would be more work to clean and to take care of, if i dont have it done. and i also read that it would cause more problems and infections when he gets older.

Quoting yeehawmama3:

have you thought about not circ? there are no medical benefits. i dont want to get in a debate but research it yourself and go with your gut,

amc103
by Silver Member on Jul. 7, 2012 at 3:39 AM

Go with your gut!!! Just make sure your heart knows what's right 100 percent before you do anything. You dont have to go through it for him, you can just exercise your right as mommy and say no. Really and truly, if you'd like information about all aspects of circumcision, please let me know and I will send you stuff in a PM. Hang in there!

Quoting ANNETTELYNN:

thanks everyone for your input.i still havent decided what im going to do.. i want to do as much research as possible. and some people are right, they wont remember it. but its just the fact that my child has to go through such horrid pain for them few minutes, or how ever long it takes. i dont want my son to hurt or feel any kind of pain no matter what..even if his heart breaks when hes a teenager, i still might cry. i want the best for him. so maybe i will let him decide.but then again, recovery time would be longer. 

i have no idea what im going to do. im sad. and lost. ;(. i wish i had to go through it, rather then him .

Ahyb
by on Jul. 7, 2012 at 3:49 AM
I also didn't ask. My OBGYN did the circumcision for my son at the behest of my husband. When they brought him back to my room he was peacefully sleeping, but when I saw his penis afterwards when the nurse was showing us how to take care of it. I cried and bawled it looked bright red like raw meat and painful. I was horrified.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Jul. 7, 2012 at 3:55 AM
1 mom liked this

Think about this, what if they mess up while they are doing it? Is that something you could stand to live with. All the other research and reasons aside, I could never do it for that reason alone. I've heard too many horror stories about it being messed up. 

Quoting ANNETTELYNN:

thanks everyone for your input.i still havent decided what im going to do.. i want to do as much research as possible. and some people are right, they wont remember it. but its just the fact that my child has to go through such horrid pain for them few minutes, or how ever long it takes. i dont want my son to hurt or feel any kind of pain no matter what..even if his heart breaks when hes a teenager, i still might cry. i want the best for him. so maybe i will let him decide.but then again, recovery time would be longer. 

i have no idea what im going to do. im sad. and lost. ;(. i wish i had to go through it, rather then him .

wulfeyes05
by on Jul. 7, 2012 at 3:59 AM

Weird. I mean I had mine done at my kids' pediatricians office and she gave them anesthetic. See if you can get it done at the pediatricians office instead.

katie11908
by on Jul. 7, 2012 at 10:52 AM
1 mom liked this

Yep they feel everything! Thats why i leave my boys intact!

katie11908
by on Jul. 7, 2012 at 10:55 AM
1 mom liked this

oh and its no harder to clean than a circumsized penis i promise! I have two boys who are intact and i dont have to clean any differently then moms of those who boys who are circumsized.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN