Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

do you know where you stand in your friend's lives??

Posted by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 11:14 PM
  • 32 Replies

I do now! not sure if I'm hurt or pissed or a little of both

by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 11:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
toria2316
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 11:36 PM
3 moms liked this

Not really. My closest friend is a very selfish person and really only focuses on her self. I need new friends! haha

Ty_Reann
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 11:39 PM

I only have a couple of friends, a lot of aquintances, I tend not to mesh well with women in general & on top of that I find I am in a different place than a lot of the people I talk to. So my circle of friends is shrinking fast. I do like having only a few close friends, but at the same time they don't have kids yet, so I can't relate to them on that level. I am waiting impatiently though. I often think "ugh, I need more friends" then I think about all the drama that may come from that ... 

halinichols
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 11:53 PM

i don't have friends due to that exact reason. all i need are my family members.

screamykittycat
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 11:55 PM
I stopped drinking three years ago and magically lost all of my friends three years ago.
Every. Single. One.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
silka08
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 11:56 PM
Kinda. Most friends we just support as needed. Ie mommy friends. We give advice, trade babysitting, help w/ meals etc. One or two Im actually close with. I have GREAT support but not super close as in ill tell them anything type relationships
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Larsbug
by Laura on Jul. 11, 2012 at 12:10 AM

I am kinda the same way with friends, but the ones that I do have a cherish and am apparently a WAY better friend or value what friendship actually means more....

Quoting Ty_Reann:

I only have a couple of friends, a lot of aquintances, I tend not to mesh well with women in general & on top of that I find I am in a different place than a lot of the people I talk to. So my circle of friends is shrinking fast. I do like having only a few close friends, but at the same time they don't have kids yet, so I can't relate to them on that level. I am waiting impatiently though. I often think "ugh, I need more friends" then I think about all the drama that may come from that ... 

Larsbug
by Laura on Jul. 11, 2012 at 12:11 AM

isn't it funny how that happens?? that happened to DH 7 years ago when he got sober, the only ones who stuck around were his really good ones.

Quoting screamykittycat:

I stopped drinking three years ago and magically lost all of my friends three years ago.
Every. Single. One.

Larsbug
by Laura on Jul. 11, 2012 at 12:11 AM

apparently I do too!

Quoting toria2316:

Not really. My closest friend is a very selfish person and really only focuses on her self. I need new friends! haha

Larsbug
by Laura on Jul. 11, 2012 at 12:12 AM

but sometimes I need to bitch about my family members to my friends.....I don't have many and cherish the ones that matter the most but apparently it's not mutual

Quoting halinichols:

i don't have friends due to that exact reason. all i need are my family members.

Larsbug
by Laura on Jul. 11, 2012 at 12:13 AM

same here...well just recently have gotten mommy friends

Quoting silka08:

Kinda. Most friends we just support as needed. Ie mommy friends. We give advice, trade babysitting, help w/ meals etc. One or two Im actually close with. I have GREAT support but not super close as in ill tell them anything type relationships

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN