Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i dont know what to do!

Posted by   + Show Post

so long story short, my SO HATES my bestfriend. He tells me today that he doesnt want her around our baby AT ALL, im stumped on what to do. I love them both, and i really think that hes being immature for putting me in this situation in the first place. His arguement is that hes the father, so he should have a say so in who is in our childs life....that makes sence, but at the same time, its just reduiculous. HELP please, what should i do? i dont want to do anything im going to regret later...

by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 4:05 PM
Replies (21-27):
lmp09
by Silver Member on Jul. 11, 2012 at 9:04 PM
1 mom liked this

In my opinion I would go along w/ your s/o, but in the end its up to you.

pinky_csb
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 11:49 AM
1 mom liked this

Prayers...that's a hard one.hugs

doulala
by Emerald Member on Jul. 14, 2012 at 11:51 AM
1 mom liked this

:- /

Sounds like he needs to get over his hang-ups and respect you for what you need in your life outside of what he offers.      
You can hang with her separately though.

MIA0223
by Bronze Member on Jul. 14, 2012 at 11:54 AM
1 mom liked this
IMO that's controlling. She is your fried, they never see each other so what's the big deal?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RyansMommie07
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 1:06 PM
2 moms liked this

my dh is the same way with my bff. we live kinda far away, so usually when i go see her i bring the kids and leave him home, or when she comes to see me she does it when hes at work. sucky, but im not going without either and they both know it.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Ryan and Troy are going to be Big Brothers!  Baby Boy Myers ... coming this summer!!!

butterflycircle
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 1:23 PM
2 moms liked this

That is a tough situation. He needs to look at her as your best friend and not as his exg/f though. Tell him you don't want the baby around his best friend and see how he likes that idea to help him see it as she is your best friend and not aas she is his ex. People change I am sure he is not the same person he was years ago. She is probably different than she way years ago too. He does deserve a say in who the baby is around to an extent. 

waitingforbaby5
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 1:32 PM
My husband is the same way . Because my one so , called she always doing me, wrong and saying hertfull stuff, . Like oh have fun when I told her I was in the hospital, with my husband, that had abdomen sergery.

Quoting ravenhope:

so long story short, my SO HATES my bestfriend. He tells me today that he doesnt want her around our baby AT ALL, im stumped on what to do. I love them both, and i really think that hes being immature for putting me in this situation in the first place. His arguement is that hes the father, so he should have a say so in who is in our childs life....that makes sence, but at the same time, its just reduiculous. HELP please, what should i do? i dont want to do anything im going to regret later...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured