Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

39 weeks tomorrow!!! Feeling alone.

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 9:07 AM
  • 47 Replies
1 mom liked this
Just seems that most of the moms in my DDG are not just spontaneously having babies... Everyone is getting induced or having a c-section or sweeping membranes and stuff to get baby out.

I feel like I'm one of the very very few that is just letting baby come when he/she is ready. Has this become something of the past? Even my doc asked when I would like to schedule my induction and I'm like "umm.. No!" I have had 2 healthy kids, first at 40 w 2 days and second at 39 weeks 2 days so I will let this baby come when it's ready.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 9:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
beadingmom17
by Silver Member on Jul. 12, 2012 at 9:11 AM
*high fives you*

Good for you, momma! Medical interventions, while they have their place, have become so common that I think many women forget that it's not needed in most cases and that baby will come when ready :) Hope you have a wonderful rest of your pregnancy!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
butterflycircle
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 9:33 AM

That is great! People are in to big of a hurry now a days and it is a shame the doctors let them. I hope that I can just let this one come when he or she is ready. My first one my water broke the night before I was going to  be induced (I was on bed rest and my bp was getting uper high). My second I was induced b/c I had high blood pressure again. This time I am going to try to keep it downt he best I can.

kaves
by Member on Jul. 12, 2012 at 9:44 AM

I am hoping my little ones come on their own.  Having twins dr said he doesn't want me to go past 38 weeks.  I'm 29 weeks today and was already in the hospital for a month on bedrest and am still on bed rest but at home thankfully.  I guess I just have to get this off my chest.  I've been feeling torn about being induced if I make it to 38 weeks, I probably wont make it so it probably doesn't  matter.  I have researched and found that while some moms with twins make it to 40 weeks that generally the babies do better if they're born around 38 weeks.  Sheesh I guess this is stressing me out.  Dr. also said I have to have an epi to try and dilever them vaginally in case I have to have an emergency c section.  I really don't want a c section!  Sorry this has been really weighing on my mind. 

kaves
by Member on Jul. 12, 2012 at 9:45 AM

Oh by the way I think it's great your waiting for your little one to come whenever they're ready!

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jul. 12, 2012 at 9:58 AM

Hang in there momma...you are doing a great job!!!  And, you are so right...your LO will come when they choose to do so. :)

hello_kitty25
by Member on Jul. 12, 2012 at 10:01 AM
Ur definitely not alone, my son came ol natural 10 days late! Good for u not getting induced!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
junebutterfly
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 10:07 AM
I'm gonna try my best to go natural this time. The first time I was induced due to medical reasons the second the Doc asked and me being weak and in so much pain and still working being on my feet all day I said ok :( ugh I wish I hadn't. But by golly I'm doing it this time!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ty_Reann
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 10:13 AM

Same here old due date buddy (I tried to find you on here when I re-joined CM). From what I have noticed & heard, there are tons of inductions & c-sections. I'm still pregnant so hopefully that makes you smile. Also, he's so happy in there, it might be a while before he arrives, I have my 39 week appointment today. Guess we will see how many weekly appointments I have left ... 

Good for you :) 

TurtleMomma82
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 10:38 AM

I had to be induced with both because of blood pressure issues at 38w2d and 39w.  I'm hoping to avoid that this time around, but I doubt it with my history.  Stay strong!

Lexxy25
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 12:00 PM

I've noticed this trend to and I find it really disturbing! The first time I went to my new Doc 4 women came out of the back and scheduled "their induction" with the receptionist. I could not believe my ears! My doctor informed me Monday that the soonest he could legally induce me is 39 weeks. I was like, thats great but I'm not doing that. I would never even consider induction without a valid medical reason. I think the issue is that a lot of women get to 39 weeks and are so sick of waiting for baby they get tempted into induction. What they need to realize is that there are risks involved with induction. In my opinion it is NOT WORTH IT!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)