Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Yay or nay?

by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 1:44 PM
Replies (31-40):
Katie44
by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 10:04 PM
Yes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mistync
by Bronze Member on Jul. 13, 2012 at 10:07 PM
Absolutely its always nice to know my options. I'm still pretty early in my pregnancy so if I start gathering info now I should have a good idea of how I want to deliver when the time comes.

I could totally see my self having an 8+lb baby so this time if they try to tell me the babies too big and that I need to be induced I won't fall for it.

Quoting Pandapanda:

If you're interested, there are a lot of medication free ways to ease and cope with labor pains. Some work better than others, it just depends on what works for your body at the time. Everything from walking, bouncing on a birthing ball, sitting in the shower on a stool or ball, changing positions, massage, music, etc. It can definitely be done- you'll surprise yourself ;)

When my son first came out and was laid on my chest (i was laying on the floor of my hospital room next to the birthing tub LOL) I just kept thinking.. "oh my god, he's huge.. there's no way.. he can't be this big, my brain is playing tricks on me"

Quoting mistync:

Oh my see that makes my who hah hurt just thinking about it! I had an epi with my dd mainly because I was absolutely terrified of how bad it was going to hurt because I was induced and it was already hurting like a mofo and it was just getting started.

This time I won't let them induce me. And I will hold out on an epi as long as possible.

Quoting Pandapanda:

Lol! Mine were 9lbs5oz and 9lbs3oz. :) Both med-free waterbirths as well. Water is your best friend in labor if you want to avoid the risks that come with narcotics!

Quoting mistync:

Congrats! Omg that's a big baby. You are super woman lol

Quoting louzannalady:

I did not use one today! ; ) Had a great water birth at 10:20 AM. Eight pounds six ounces. Twenty inches long.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Jul. 13, 2012 at 10:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Well since you're early, you probably have time to do some reading. The best books (imo) to read are: "Husband Coached Childbirth" by Dr. Robert Bradley, "Birthing From Within", and Henci Goer's "The Thinking Woman's Guide To A Better Birth". They all have very valuable information that will get you through it. Must reads! Another good one is "Homebirth In The Hospital" (it's a blend of natural homebirths brought into a hospital setting) but I haven't finished it myself yet, so I can't give you my opinion just yet.

Quoting mistync:

Absolutely its always nice to know my options. I'm still pretty early in my pregnancy so if I start gathering info now I should have a good idea of how I want to deliver when the time comes.

I could totally see my self having an 8+lb baby so this time if they try to tell me the babies too big and that I need to be induced I won't fall for it.

Quoting Pandapanda:

If you're interested, there are a lot of medication free ways to ease and cope with labor pains. Some work better than others, it just depends on what works for your body at the time. Everything from walking, bouncing on a birthing ball, sitting in the shower on a stool or ball, changing positions, massage, music, etc. It can definitely be done- you'll surprise yourself ;)

When my son first came out and was laid on my chest (i was laying on the floor of my hospital room next to the birthing tub LOL) I just kept thinking.. "oh my god, he's huge.. there's no way.. he can't be this big, my brain is playing tricks on me"

Quoting mistync:

Oh my see that makes my who hah hurt just thinking about it! I had an epi with my dd mainly because I was absolutely terrified of how bad it was going to hurt because I was induced and it was already hurting like a mofo and it was just getting started.

This time I won't let them induce me. And I will hold out on an epi as long as possible.

Quoting Pandapanda:

Lol! Mine were 9lbs5oz and 9lbs3oz. :) Both med-free waterbirths as well. Water is your best friend in labor if you want to avoid the risks that come with narcotics!

Quoting mistync:

Quoting louzannalady:

I did not use one today! ; ) Had a great water birth at 10:20 AM. Eight pounds six ounces. Twenty inches long.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
mistync
by Bronze Member on Jul. 13, 2012 at 10:17 PM
Thank you. I will most deff be looking into them.

Quoting Pandapanda:

Well since you're early, you probably have time to do some reading. The best books (imo) to read are: "Husband Coached Childbirth" by Dr. Robert Bradley, "Birthing From Within", and Henci Goer's "The Thinking Woman's Guide To A Better Birth". They all have very valuable information that will get you through it. Must reads! Another good one is "Homebirth In The Hospital" (it's a blend of natural homebirths brought into a hospital setting) but I haven't finished it myself yet, so I can't give you my opinion just yet.

Quoting mistync:

Quoting Pandapanda:

Quoting mistync:

Quoting Pandapanda:

Quoting mistync:

Quoting louzannalady:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MoLLiy
by Member on Jul. 13, 2012 at 10:42 PM
1 mom liked this
Congrats! I really want to try for a water birth this time around.

Quoting louzannalady:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Heather2001
by Heather on Jul. 13, 2012 at 11:49 PM

Naaaaaaaaaaay

Mabuka
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 10:34 AM
My dd was 8lbs. 3 oz. I had an epidural with her but it only worked on one side of my body. Been debating trying to brave it without one at all this time. I have to decide by Monday because I'll have to let the hospital know then.

Quoting mistync:

Quoting louzannalady:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
doulala
by Emerald Member on Jul. 14, 2012 at 10:41 AM

Why do they have a decision cut-off date?

I wanted to add, that lying down to labor unable to cope instinctively is much harder.    So you probably experienced something more challenging than you would have otherwise.   
And how we labor is more relevant than baby's size because we can help baby through / make it more difficult to pass through.

Quoting Mabuka:

My dd was 8lbs. 3 oz. I had an epidural with her but it only worked on one side of my body. Been debating trying to brave it without one at all this time. I have to decide by Monday because I'll have to let the hospital know then. 
argylemystery
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 10:56 AM

Absolutely not!

I was young and inexperienced with my first, so I allowed the midwife and nurse to talk/bully me into getting one. Well the epidural never actually worked. I felt everything. On top of that I had horrible muscle spasms in my back because of it and they wouldn't believe me. They kept telling me I would still feel a little pressure so I could push. I was like in my back why am I pushing the baby out my back. Turns out they ended up poking a hole in my spine and I was leaking spinal fluid and the epidural medicine into my back muscles. It took them a whole weekend to figure out what was wrong because the Dr on call couldn't be bothered to even come in and look at me. I was in excruciating pain. Way worse then from having any of my children. I couldn't even sit up or lift my head up. So I missed out on those first precious days of bonding with my baby.

I had no problems having my babies naturally and should have followed my instincts to not get any meds.

mistync
by Bronze Member on Jul. 14, 2012 at 12:06 PM
Oh wow. I've never heard of a cut off date. They asked me repeatedly during labor. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Quoting Mabuka:

Quoting mistync:

Quoting louzannalady:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN