Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Does any one know of this?

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 10:28 AM
  • 5 Replies
If there are any places tat do jut ultrasounds by appointment whenever you want it? My concern is, I haves lacked any kind of pregnancy symptoms like.. NONE! Less then I have had before in tr early weeks. I know I'm pregnant and I've seen my baby's heartbeat last ultrasound over a month ago...my next one isn't till the 30th. I'm currently 11 weeks Monday. I lost my last pregnancy in November, so I am just concerned.
Sorry if I sound silly... Anyone else in te same boat as me?
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 10:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
babymine
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 10:34 AM
I too am always nervous because of previous miscarriages so I got a heart doppler. It gives me such a piece of mind. The first day it was hard for me to find baby, but I've since mastered it! Also, I started using it at 12 weeks and it says that's about the earliest it works.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kaylahk
by Bronze Member on Jul. 14, 2012 at 10:35 AM

YOu could try a pregnancy center. I live in florida and the pregnancy center around me does give out ultrasounds to those who are pregnant. I bet if you google pregnancy centers in your area you could call them and see if they do ultrasounds. Best of luck :)

doulala
by Emerald Member on Jul. 14, 2012 at 10:45 AM

You don't have to feel symptoms, some of us get half-way through pregnancy before even knowing about it, lol
;-)

I'd encourage you to see your doctor or midwife, or go to the ER if you are worried.       There are concerns with those kinds of facilities, their medical advice and U/S exposure, so it might be safest to talk with someone better able to help you out.

purvislets
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 10:48 AM

There are stand-alone ultrasound centers that you can pay to have 2d or even 3d ultrasounds done anytime you want (as long as you have the money!).  You have to be under the care of a doctor or midwife in order for most of them to see you, but other than that I don't think they have any restrictions.  The one we've gone to for our 3d ultrasound charges around $60 for a 15 minute 2d session and $100 for a 30 minute 3d session with other options you can pay extra for. 

PresleyLove
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 10:53 AM

Are those expensive? Are they safe?

Quoting babymine:

I too am always nervous because of previous miscarriages so I got a heart doppler. It gives me such a piece of mind. The first day it was hard for me to find baby, but I've since mastered it! Also, I started using it at 12 weeks and it says that's about the earliest it works.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN