Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

*Vent*

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 12:35 PM
  • 8 Replies

So since I have been pregnant I haven't really seen any of my friends. Barely any of them came to my wedding and then today on the day of, everyone has told me they aren't coming to my baby shower. I am so mad because my sister spent money on it for food and cake and tried to estimate since only 4 PPL rsvped. I wouldn't be so upset about it if they had said something before today. I am conflicted between angry yelling and crying. I am perfectly ok with just spending the afternoon with my sisters and cousin but really if you know you aren't making it please let ppl know.. Plus over the last nine months I have bent over backwards to attend kids' bdays parties and others baby showers and special events. Even spent money on presents I didn't have. I don't care even about gifts because DH and I have money saved up specifically for baby stuff and I am a yard sell fiend. Ugh I am jsut aggravated. Boo pp! ok I feel a bit better

by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 12:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
hplesha
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 12:39 PM
Goes to show who your true friends are when you become pregnant yourself. I have lost many friends once i became pregnant. We used to go out to lunch, shop, all that stuff before. Now, they are all too busy or are working for even me to come stop by for 15 mins. All my friends now, are moms. And that's not many..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
julz4tc
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 12:43 PM

I definitely know how you feel on some levels! I barely see my friends since I got pregnant and had all of these false promises about how my two best friends were going to "plan" the whole baby shower for me. Well so far my mother and I have done all of the planning besides getting some addresses for invitations. What's even worse is I had an subchorionic hemoragge and was on bed rest for 10 weeks of this pregnancy, was in the hospital for kidney stones, and now just failed my glucose test and may be recieving a diagnosis for gestational diabetes. My friends know all this and have to know I am under extreme stress, but everytime I talk to them it's all about their life and their problems. 

I do think that being pregnant can make it super easy to get your feelings hurt, because sometimes I will get upset over things that people say or do that would have made me laugh before. It just feels like nobody understands sometimes and thats why I love this website to vent. Just keep telling yourself things will get better after pregnancy and if your friends don't start acting right, make some new ones! Hang in there mama, Goodluck!:)

butterflycircle
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 1:29 PM

I was 17 when I got pregnant and lost a lot of my friends. i know that is a little different but it is similar. It was hard. It is really rude of them yo kind of blow you off like that. I was planning my sons birthday and I set a date and told people and my mother in law  says that a family member is having a baby shower and I will be getting invited. I find out the day before my sons party that most of my husbands family will not be at the party b/c they will be at the baby shower this baby shower that I was never invited too. I was a little hurt and a little upset. I got over it and it is not a big deal but annoying. I know it is not the same but hang in there. Things change when you have babies. 

lsmith321654
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 1:35 PM
That's crap! Shop attending their party's!! That's what I'm doing. I had 20 RSVP and only 8 showed. That was including the two hostess. I was really upset and have decided that who didnt show will not get stuff from me ever again and I always attend and buy good gifts!!
waitingforbaby5
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 1:38 PM
Same with us, I had, too buy, our, wedding cake, butt thats sad the way people do but want too come eat and no gift , then they out the door, and I know if we get blessed with a baby , me and hubby have clothes save4 it .

Quoting Tillymommie:

So since I have been pregnant I haven't really seen any of my friends. Barely any of them came to my wedding and then today on the day of, everyone has told me they aren't coming to my baby shower. I am so mad because my sister spent money on it for food and cake and tried to estimate since only 4 PPL rsvped. I wouldn't be so upset about it if they had said something before today. I am conflicted between angry yelling and crying. I am perfectly ok with just spending the afternoon with my sisters and cousin but really if you know you aren't making it please let ppl know.. Plus over the last nine months I have bent over backwards to attend kids' bdays parties and others baby showers and special events. Even spent money on presents I didn't have. I don't care even about gifts because DH and I have money saved up specifically for baby stuff and I am a yard sell fiend. Ugh I am jsut aggravated. Boo pp! ok I feel a bit better

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tillymommie
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 5:30 PM

I had under ten adults there but we had fun and I am very grateful for those who came and especially for the gifts. As for the food luckily my sister decided to only buy half of what she was planing so we had a ton of extra cake but very little food left. I told anyone who had kids to make sure to bring them so we had more kids then adults but it was funny watching them play. it kinda turned into a huge playdate. SO its everyone elses lost in my opinion

eykelley
by Liz on Jul. 14, 2012 at 5:33 PM
I had the same thing happen, except with family!! :(I had several friends show up but barely any family.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eykelley
by Liz on Jul. 14, 2012 at 5:38 PM
I agree!! I stopped as well. I ended up deleting 40 people from my FB page cuz I got fed up w/ the fake crap! I don't attend peoples crap who shunned mine. Now, if they RSVP'd and said they couldn't come for a REAL reason... I understood. But other than that. Nope. I'm done. I sent out 35 invites, 6 were out of state so I didn't include them. So 29 invites and 10 people came. Not 10 RSVPs... 10 PEOPLE! It was ridiculous. We had fun though.

Quoting lsmith321654:

That's crap! Shop attending their party's!! That's what I'm doing. I had 20 RSVP and only 8 showed. That was including the two hostess. I was really upset and have decided that who didnt show will not get stuff from me ever again and I always attend and buy good gifts!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN