Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

good night turned into bad n a trip to the ER

Posted by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 12:05 AM
  • 15 Replies
My boyfriend got paid so he took us to get mexican for supper, real mexican not the american version, well all was going good till like half hour after we ate I started feel pressure and my stomach got tight and I had shooting pains running to my back. It was so bad I was in tears couldnt get out of the car felt sick so BF took me to the ER. They hooked me up to an iv gave me some meds and did blood work. Well to find out i was having sever heartburn do to the food.
It scared us so bad it didnt feel right but then ive never had this before with my other pregnancy or ever. Im glad everything is okay and Mr. Bentley is fine heartbeat was around 150-160 they said.

I know now to never get real mexican food while pregnancy or if I do to take something before.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 12:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Aleshad01
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 12:14 AM

Oh no! Glad everything turned out fine.

CafeMom Tickers
halinichols
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 12:24 AM

i personally hate authentic mexican food. i'm sorry that happened to you! :( but glad the baby is okay.

Katie44
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 12:32 AM
Oh no :( i dont like mexican food
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-Kney-
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 12:44 AM
Its all ive been craving anything spicy which is odd simce i hate spicy food but this was the worst it has gotten.. my bf thought i was going into labor or something was wrong with Bentley.. i thought i was going into labor too with the pains but realized it wasnt plus Im 5 months pregnant too even tho i know it means nothing but yeah it scared us so we are done with the real mexican for awhile.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lizyari
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 12:47 AM
Bentley didn't like it... Thank God it was just heartburn!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-Kney-
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 12:49 AM
Yeah i know it sucks cause when i get heartburn my acid reflux acts up way bad and tonight it just got extreme

Quoting Lizyari:

Bentley didn't like it... Thank God it was just heartburn!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nickigoingon8
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 8:36 AM

Sorry to hear that...Glad everything was ok

CafeMom Tickers
ameliacaldeira
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 10:51 AM

OMG! i stayed away from mexican too! we have a real mexican restuant in our town that my hubby and friends and i go to every tuesday and sometimes thursdays too for the specials. but even before we knew wew were pregnant the THOUGHT of mexican food made me sick and after i tried to eat there i was done- i didnt eat mexican for months!

butterflycircle
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 11:26 AM

My husband is Mexican, he was born in Mexico too. His mom makes the best Mexican food ever. I get the wrost  heartburn during pregnancy though (nothing like that though that would have scared me too). If you keep getting heartburn stay away from peanut butter it can cause heartburn and that is one peope tend to not think about. I am glad everything is ok. 

-Kney-
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 1:12 PM

thanks everyone.. it really sucks cause we ate at the place at the start of my pregnancy no problem but this time was different.. its more acid relfux then heartburn what they told me so we are gonna take a break from it for awhile but I can't stop eating it lol .. I love mexican food and even more during this pregnancy we can for sure tell this kid is my boyfriends since all I want is spicy food we are just going to be watching and making sure I take my acid reflux meds before I eat from now on.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud mommy to a happy and healthy 6 year old boy plus I have another little boy on the way.. who is madly in love with her soldier.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN