Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

HELP ME!!!! (NO BASHING PLEASE)

Posted by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 8:29 AM
  • 58 Replies

I am 6 months pregnant with my second child, and  cannot quit smoking at the begining of my pregnancy I was doing really good I cut down to like 1 cig a day, but Im back up there again and I am super worried. I have tried everything, but I live with 3 smokers being around it constantly makes it so hard to quit. WHAT DO I DO!!! The doctors say baby is fine and at her normal weight and everything but, what if something goes wrong in these last couple months because I couldnt stop?? I feel like crying, I beat myself up everday and need some advice ladies Im at my wits end over here!!!!

by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 8:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nickigoingon8
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 8:44 AM
2 moms liked this

Everytime you go to light up remember what it could do to your baby...try to stop thinking about how bad you want the cig and think about how it can harm your baby..that is how I quit and I haven't smoked in 6 years now....Get some gum and some suckers...I chewed on straws also .....Good Luck!!

CafeMom Tickers
Byrd15
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 8:47 AM
1 mom liked this

You need to move... You cannot quite until you get out, you'll just do it again. Even that second hand smoke is bad for baby...

Look for a new home for you and the kids. 

Good luck!!!!

Mrs.Campfield
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 9:03 AM
Have you considered e cigarettes I'm not sure that it's better but it can't be worse
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NiChOlE06
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 9:08 AM
I quit with an e cigarette. No its not the same thats why you quit with it. You just give up after a day lol. With this baby I just stopped, you just have to have that mind set that your not gonna do it anymore..
BlissBagshaw
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 9:38 AM
1 mom liked this

We have a lot in common (I replied to your post about people saying you're small).  I'm 16 weeks along and still smoking, and it's hard to quit or even cut back because I am around smokers constantly.  I didn't smoke as often with my son, but I still did.....  You know what helped me?  An e-cigarette.  It's just nicotine and water vapor and the same stuff they put in asthma inhalers.  I have two - one from Blu and one from E-CigaRed.   I HIGHLY recommend them.  When I use them, I can go days without a real cigarette - although I usually just supplement all day and have one or maybe two real cigarettes daily (especially when the stress is getting to me).  I really really recommend the e-cigarette - because if you're like me, quitting cold turkey is NOT an option.

yikesitsmindy
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 10:13 AM
I was a smoker pre preg too. It was not hard for me to give up, but I still want one when I see others smoke. I get grossed out when I see pregnant women smoke so maybe if you had someone take a picture of your pregnant belly smoking you could look at it when you feel the urge. I have no idea if that would work but it is worth a try.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yikesitsmindy
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 10:15 AM
1 mom liked this
E cigs gave me a gross wet cough. Has that happened to anyone else?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StephanieDLewis
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 10:22 AM
i quit smoking as soon as i found out i was preg, its not easy for others i kno but think bout your baby.....im in the midst of possibly adopting a baby boy who is in the nicu because his mom smoked the whole time she was preg and possibly did other things. Think about your baby!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
l3randixo
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 11:34 PM
I smoked with my first child but I was able to quit a little ways through the pregnancy, but it wasn't as hard because my so was at work most of the time and it was just me at home we didn't have these extra people around who smoke so I didn't have to see it constantly. She was as healthy as can be when she was born, and I have talked to a lot of women who said they smoked during their pregnancies and their babies were fine but, what if that's not the case with me. I haven't smoked constantly this whole pregnancy I quit and slow down then start up again. So its not like I have not tried, and trust me I beat myself up everyday because I can't quit. I have a lot of stress in my life that wouod take to long to write out here, I deal with it everyday, a lot of worry and money problems, I don't do drugs and I don't drink but I do smoke and that is the only problem I'm having at this this point in time.
pacificamom
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 11:39 PM
What does you doctor suggest?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)