Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

really worried about labor...

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 6:16 PM
  • 10 Replies

Hey im Nicole, This is my second pregnancy, the first ended in a miscarriage..Im 6 months now :)And he will be named Charles David, Grandpas middles name, my dads first name :)  I have no clue what to expect and im all nervous about EVERYTHING!! How do i know im in labor? what if im at work and no one is there to get me to the hospital? do i call ambulance or call my husband to come get me and wait? what does it feel like? mom says shes experienced 3 different labor pains with her 3 children... She also had a very horrific labor with me.. what can i do to not think about it? i feel like im missing out on the joys of pregnancy,,,

by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 6:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Nessasmomma
by Member on Jul. 23, 2012 at 6:19 PM
1 mom liked this
I Dont have any ideas oh how to make you feel better but I wanted you to know we are naming our son David Charles lol :) I hope you get to enjoy the rest of your pregnancy and just remember after labor you get to meet your son. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cocomama130
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 6:21 PM

Thats so cool! lol Defintely put a smile on my face! Whens your due date? mines Nov 7th..

butterflycircle
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 6:30 PM

Don't worry so much. You still have a few months before baby is due. If you go into labor chances are it will not start with sever pains. You might be getting close to your due date and the dr will want to induce or take maternity leave. If you are at work see if there is any one for you to call (The father, your parents, siblings, anyone). You will probably know it if you are in labor. With my first my water broke at a little after 9pm and my mom took me to the hospital (I could have driven b/c i wasn't contracting or anything yet but I lived with her so of course she took me).  With my second I was induced so my hubby and I dropped the daughter off at his parents and headed for the hospital. This time I hope that I go naturally but we will see. Relax and enjoy your pregnancy. Worst case if you do go into super hard core labor at work right out of no where, call 911. See even the worst case isn't so bad =: ). Try to relax and just know everything will be ok. In the end you get a beautiful baby that you have been waiting so long for. 

Cocomama130
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 6:36 PM

thats what mom said.. the only thing that worries me, when mom went to have me, her water broke like a pinhole size. the doctors kept telling her nothing had happened and sent her home. three days of walking back and forth to the hospital( dad and her didnt have cars at the time ) finally the 3 day after she was hemmoraging so bad she was blowing through a pack of pads every 3 hours, a med student pushed on her stomach, out i came pitch black because there was no oxygen to me.. both of us almost died and both of us had to spend a month in the hospital.. i just dont want that to happen. my hubby is trying to get his vacation the week before i pop, but then were afraid if i dont go in that week hes gonna be stuck going to work and leaving me alone in the hospital.. im just really worried...

doulala
by Emerald Member on Jul. 23, 2012 at 6:55 PM

There are a lot of things you can do to prepare~
Classes, Books, Birth plan, Videos, Doula....
  What are you doing to get started?
  When are you due?

What would you like the experience to be like?     --Figuring this out is fun, and you can work it backwards.     Know what you want and then learn how to achieve that.

doulala
by Emerald Member on Jul. 23, 2012 at 6:58 PM

Did your mom learn about what happened with that delivery? 
Worry is the work of pregnancy--    You get to learn about all the details you can and how to avoid issues and complications.     Something was going on with your mom, that isn't normal at all.

Quoting Cocomama130:

thats what mom said.. the only thing that worries me, when mom went to have me, her water broke like a pinhole size. the doctors kept telling her nothing had happened and sent her home. three days of walking back and forth to the hospital( dad and her didnt have cars at the time ) finally the 3 day after she was hemmoraging so bad she was blowing through a pack of pads every 3 hours, a med student pushed on her stomach, out i came pitch black because there was no oxygen to me.. both of us almost died and both of us had to spend a month in the hospital.. i just dont want that to happen. my hubby is trying to get his vacation the week before i pop, but then were afraid if i dont go in that week hes gonna be stuck going to work and leaving me alone in the hospital.. im just really worried...

Birth is not only about making babies. Birth is about making mothers ~ strong, competent, capable mothers who trust themselves and know their inner strength.

~Barbara Katz Rothma

When you change the way you view birth, the way you birth will change. -Mongan

doulala
by Emerald Member on Jul. 23, 2012 at 7:00 PM

BTW--    lots of help for you here!!
:-)

Here is a little start:

FYI: "Emergency Childbirth"

Mdmooch
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2012 at 7:04 PM

I was the same way as you with my first.  My contractions started in the middle of the night and my water never broke.  It is different for everyone.  If I was your hubby I wouldn't take the week before off.  My son came 10 days past my due date and since you never know when the baby is coming it probably isn't a good idea to schedule time off before.  Take classes for sure and talk to your doc/midwife about your concerns. I know it is scary the first time.  But you need to arm yourself with as much info as possible.  We took Bradley Classes and the woman who taught it was a doula so she gave us so much information it wasn't scary anymore.  Good luck!

lovefromwithin
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 7:09 PM

I would relax and enjoy your pregnancy right now. I had to accept the fact that anything can go when you go into labor and that actually helped with my anxiety a lot.

You will know you are labor when one of these happen: You are leaking fluid or your contractions will not go away no matter what you do. When you go into labor - you can have either an ambulance or your husband take you.  Labor differs for everyone definitely. I had 3 days of back labor since my daughter's head was head down BUT sideways. Some women get the terrible slow back labor and some don't even notice it. I wouldn't worry for the time being unless your doctor/midwife gives you reason to be alarmed.

styler7
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2012 at 7:11 PM
Relax! Each pregnancy/labor is different :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)