Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

"Hey kids, we're having another baby!" THE MOST AWESOME PIC EVER.

Posted by   + Show Post

My friend posted this on FB today announcing her pregnancy. She and her DH took their daughters along to an OB appointment and this was the "reveal." (I'm reposting here with her permission because it was so awesome I had to share.)

If you have kids, how did they react when informed a new sibling (or siblings!) was on the way? Did you get a pic? Share here!

by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 12:16 PM
Replies (61-70):
Baby8901
by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 1:10 PM
Awwww lol no #2 yet! Lol ds is 9 months old
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Proud-mama-05
by Stacy on Jul. 26, 2012 at 1:11 PM

Oh my that's to cute. My boys were always excited especially when they found out they were finally getting a sister. Not sure if she'll take it so well when another comes along though lol

MrsRinehart2010
by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 1:13 PM
lol too cute this would be my girls . My oldest would be excited. she wants us to have her a brother , she doesnt understand we cant chose lol.
My youngest would have a fit if we got pregnant with any other baby even at 20 months she very attatched to me she doesnt like other kids other than her sister touching me lol
layawatling
by Member on Jul. 26, 2012 at 1:14 PM
Lol too funny! My dd was only 1 and a bit when we found out, now she loves being a big sister.
jplumb
by Member on Jul. 26, 2012 at 1:14 PM
When we told our kids about this pregnancy, my ds(he is the oldest) asked of we were lying lol. Dd1 was super happy and dd2 didn't understand(she kept asking if I was going to have it that day or if there is a real baby in my tummy). They all know from the time we know so they can be a part of it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
butterflycircle
by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 1:15 PM

I have heard a lot that when you are pregnant and have a baby/toddler that they get more clingy. Last yr my 1 1/2 yr old was being clingy and I was asked several times if I was pregnant b/c of that. I wasn't lol but I thought it was odd.

Quoting booga_mama07:

No pic but ds#1 was so excited when I got pregnant w ds#2. Now that im preggo w baby#3, he's still excited. But when we told him he said "yay! Wait, ANOTHER BABY?" Haha! He says he wants a sister this time. Ds#2 is only 11months, but I think he "senses" the baby. Maybe thats why he's super clingy

Randi02
by Gold Member on Jul. 26, 2012 at 1:15 PM

LOL! That's awesome.

My oldest was only 15 months when my middle baby was born, so he didn't have a reaction at all.

When my third was born, my oldest was 3 and my middle was 28 months. They were both super excited!

I'm pregnant with my 4th, and the older two are very excited. They are both hoping for a little boy, and they tell everyone! My youngest will be 2 in August, and she knows there's a baby in my belly - she talks about it, but I don't think she fully grasps what that means :)

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/387292_2884772599754_1273299282_33296172_1842233479_n.jpg

Allebas
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2012 at 1:16 PM

That is so freaking hilarious!!! OP--why is the younger one so upset? Did she want to stay the baby? When my oldest was 15-months-old, we had our 2nd baby. He didn't really even understand his brother was a real, live person! He tried to push him off his lap when he was done holding him! ROFL! ROFL! After that, they were excited when we had #3. With #4, they were like--Oh OK!! COOL!! Then after we had our 4 boys, and I found out #5 was a GIRL, the older 3 were VERY EXCITED!! #4 wanted a baby brother!! LOL!! LOL!! When #4 came to the hospital and saw his baby sister, he LOVED on her so much!! Now he is her BIG protector! She gets scared at night when she goes to bed. Her 7-year-old brother tells her not to be scared b/c he's right there to protect her! They share a bedroom.

sherry132
by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 1:16 PM
3 moms liked this

My SIL and BIL are expecting their fourth child next spring. The other three children are 12 10 and 6. When BIL and SIL announced the happy news, the 12 year old looked at his dad and said,

Seriously dad! Hasn't anyone ever told you about CONDOMS???

While the 10 year old yells and cries, NOT ANOTHER ONE!!

Reportedly the 6 year old asked how the baby got in mommy's tummy. 

tori_day07
by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 1:17 PM

lol! When we told our 4 yr old she was sooooooo excited but then she got upset bc she said, "the baby might break my toys." Overall she's excited

CafeMom Tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN