Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

normal for newborn?

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 8:58 AM
  • 18 Replies
So my baby boy was born at 41 weeks 6 days...
Idk if its just me but he seems to be doing more than his age (3 weeks, 2days) should be doing.

He is constantly putting weight on his legs and moving his head around making it near impossible to burp him. He digs his feet into my stomach when im holding him like hes trying to get away lol. Like all the time he just pushes his feet down into whatever surfaces hes near and he has a good amount of control over his head... hes been doing this since he was about 2 weeks. Im just wondering if its normal for his age or what?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 8:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
crystalrbp
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 9:00 AM
Both of my kids did that starting a 2-3 weeks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Blessedmommytob
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 9:05 AM
What age were they walking? And is that actually normal for that age?

Quoting crystalrbp:

Both of my kids did that starting a 2-3 weeks.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Snapdragon88
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 9:06 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes, that's normal :) The pushing with the feet is a natural newborn reflex that they're born with... and a lot of babies have good control of their head soon after they're born (for newborns anyway). My son was the same way and he was a month early.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Blessedmommytob
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 9:08 AM
Ok lol i was just wondering bc ive heard so many diff things... this is my first.

Quoting Snapdragon88:

Yes, that's normal :) The pushing with the feet is a natural newborn reflex that they're born with... and a lot of babies have good control of their head soon after they're born (for newborns anyway). My son was the same way and he was a month early.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Snapdragon88
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 9:11 AM
Yeah, babies are all so different... you'll hear a million different things for years and years, lol. Congrats on your little one, I can't wait to meet mine!

Quoting Blessedmommytob:

Ok lol i was just wondering bc ive heard so many diff things... this is my first.

Quoting Snapdragon88:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsestepp
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 9:12 AM
My son does the same thing he'll be a month tomorrow. I was thinkin the same thing lol. He'll be suckin his binky holdin it in his hand an if it starts to fall out he'll stick it back in his mouth lol i'm a first time mommy too :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyfrey83
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 9:14 AM

Totally normal mama! Sounds like he's a strong little guy, that's a good thing. 

motherof33333
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 9:23 AM

very normal, kids come out practically walking and talking these days, LOL they do grow so fast

Blessedmommytob
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 9:23 AM
Mine does that as well, but i just thought to myself "eh its just coincidence"...lol bc he will also pull it out and then scream about it lol

Quoting mrsestepp:

My son does the same thing he'll be a month tomorrow. I was thinkin the same thing lol. He'll be suckin his binky holdin it in his hand an if it starts to fall out he'll stick it back in his mouth lol i'm a first time mommy too :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Blessedmommytob
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 9:25 AM
I wonder why that is LOL. I honestly cant wait for him to get a little bigger so i dont feel so nervous with others holding him and stuff, im just scared to death someone will drop him or bump his head on something!

Quoting motherof33333:

very normal, kids come out practically walking and talking these days, LOL they do grow so fast

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)