Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Sandusky, Ohio water park?

Posted by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 11:02 AM
  • 7 Replies
Has anyone been here? My bf told me there's big water slides and much more but I told him I'm not sure if I can go on them since I'm pregnant. Is this true? We about to leave in an hour or 2 for family get together (sort of get together)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 11:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
lj.smommy
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 11:08 AM

I've been to both of them there. So depending on which one you're talking about- Kalahari or Castaway bay. I loved Kalahari but I think Castaway bay gets old after a couple hours. I'm not sure about the whole pregnant thing though. They both have the the lazy rivers and Kalahari has the wave pool otherwise I have no idea. 

mama-smurf
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 11:14 AM
I have no idea lol. All my bf said was a big indoor and outdoor water park in Ohio that has a raft that goes round and round and spits you out and one that doesn't have raft you lay down and you go round and round and shoot down into the water.

Quoting lj.smommy:

I've been to both of them there. So depending on which one you're talking about- Kalahari or Castaway bay. I loved Kalahari but I think Castaway bay gets old after a couple hours. I'm not sure about the whole pregnant thing though. They both have the the lazy rivers and Kalahari has the wave pool otherwise I have no idea. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
screamykittycat
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 12:53 PM
I've been to Kalahari a few times and love it! I doubt you can safely do some slides, like the water coaster, but they have a lazy river that is wonderful, pools, and water slides that aren't so crazy. If you're not into or don't feel comfortable doing that stuff, it's a resort, so there is TONS to do. Lots of food, an amazing spa, and they even have animals you can take pictures with. You'll have so much fun! I'm 12 weeks pregnant and DH and I were just talking about going again sometime this month.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lj.smommy
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 1:00 PM
Thats Kalahari. They have so many waterslides and a little water rollercoaster. I don't think thay have anything outdoor though except part of the body slides which is enclosed tubes and part of the hot tub.

Castaway Bay is a little indoor waterpark. With a few body slides, a few tube rides, a lazy river and maybe a couple other things. Its been quite a few years since I've been to either but I passed by both last year and didnt look like anything changed.

Quoting mama-smurf:

I have no idea lol. All my bf said was a big indoor and outdoor water park in Ohio that has a raft that goes round and round and spits you out and one that doesn't have raft you lay down and you go round and round and shoot down into the water.

Quoting lj.smommy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CheyennesMommy2
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 1:09 PM
I have no clue lol 23 years in ohio and I've never been!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nikkifam5
by Silver Member on Aug. 4, 2012 at 1:23 PM
We live 45 min from sanduskey. We've been to great wolf lodge, kalahari and castaway bay :) also cedar point has a pretty good water park too
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Heather2001
by Heather on Aug. 4, 2012 at 2:26 PM

You can't.  I went to a water park while pregnant and there are signs everywhere that you aren't supposed to go on them while pregnant.  I did go in the wave pool which just cautions pregnant women and the rest is safe, though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN