Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

How Long Before You Announced?

Posted by   + Show Post
We have been waiting longer and longer lately. Usually we would tell our family around 14-16 weeks.

Last time (baby 7) we didn't say anything until 24 weeks.

I am 21 weeks tomorrow and still haven't said anything. Not even to the kids. Just DH and I know.

Personally, other than my kids, I don't really care to say anything.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 11:38 AM
Replies (51-59):
truelove813
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 10:05 PM

If I can hold it in that long, I think I will wait until I am at least 10 weeks.  

janessa27
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 1:15 PM

We just found out Saturday that I was pregnant with our 3rd child. We talked about waiting until the 1st doctor's appointment......but everyone knows. DH was like telling people at the store so we figured to just tell everyone. Plus we are super excited and wanted our son's and family to share that with us:)

Photobucket
Nicholy10
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 1:35 PM

I told everybody at 4 weeks...basically as soon as I knew everybody knew. I did that with both my children.

doulala
by Emerald Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 1:37 PM

Wouldn't it be fun to tell them all after?!     ll!

;-P

Taynhannahsmom
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 1:41 PM
I can't and don't wait. I share the news when I find out. I don't believe in waiting because it is bad luck or anything :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jenzachsam
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 2:11 PM

I tried to hide mine, but I had violent morning sickness in the beginning and couldn't hide it in front of my niece and sister.

aleman46
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 12:43 AM
i told my closes friends at 3 months when i found out and then my whole family at a big family party a week later.At 6 months my bd said he didn't say anything to anyone so i just posted it on fb since he didn't have enough courage to do it. ( he wasn't happy me being pregnant)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kcangel63
by Gold Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 12:55 AM
LOL! I totally would if my mom hadn't threatened to kill me a few pregnancies back if I did. LOL!

She was on the phone today and patted my tummy. I told DH I know she's known for a while.

Quoting doulala:

Wouldn't it be fun to tell them all after?!     ll!

;-P

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amc103
by Silver Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 1:20 AM

We just announced it last night to everyone. Immediate family already knew, we told extended family and friends last night. Im 11 weeks. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN