Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Breast feeding in public. Big deal?

Posted by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 8:56 AM
  • 280 Replies
47 moms liked this
What's the big deal? Of course no one wants to have some guys looking at their breast and getting excited over someone just feeding their baby. I don't think showing breasts is really the issue. Most of the time people make a big deal about it when everything is covered up and there is nothing to see. I don't see many women showing thier boob off when they breast feed. If you see something good for you and get over it already.

I just think it's silly. When I go to a fashion show, I often see breasts. It's really not that big a deal. How often do you even see women breast feeding their baby's? Not that often I'm sure. So, when you do, don't roll your eyes or make a fuss just ask yourself......

Would you rather listen to a screaming baby?

by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 8:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luvlymum2
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 9:02 AM
Love it :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jakesmom323
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 9:04 AM
7 moms liked this
I don't see people BF at all while out and as a woman, could care less if someone is covered up or not. I personally like to have a cute little cover while doing it, but I'm real modest and don't want people looking at my boobies;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
junebutterfly
by Silver Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 9:06 AM
2 moms liked this
I don't think anyone has ever seen my boobs while nursing LOL except at home :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lillucky8
by Ruby Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 9:08 AM
2 moms liked this
I dont see it as a problem. I personally prefer to be covered so i used a cover or receiving blanket.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
butterflycircle
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 9:36 AM
6 moms liked this

When I was breastfeeding my son I would breastfeed in public ( I have done it everywhere from a target fitting room, resurants, on a boat lol). I didn't cover b/c I couldn't stand not seeing him or thinking the blanket was in his face and also I am heavy chested and needed to make sure that my boob didn't cover his nose (it did twice at home). You never saw anything I wore lose clothes and just lifted my shirt up and brat down. Baby covered everything no bob or body showing (I was sitting so baby covered my belly that might have shown too. If I thought I was exposed I would have covered up but even my mom and grandma told me that they couldn't even tell I was doing it. I usually had a light weight sweater or something over my clothes (like that doesn't zip but is open) and so it covered everything. 

I have seen coveres that kind of are open at the top so the mom can just look down and see baby (it doesn't touch her chest) I might think about something like that this time around). I would rather see a woman breastfeeding than mixing formula (I fed my first formula andknow that some times you have too). I would rather see a woman breastfeeding and know that she is do that for her baby and that it is the best thing for her baby and I think more women should breastfeed and that being in public a lot might be a big reason that some women don't bf. It took me a while to realize that I could go places and i could bf in public and no one could kick me out of a place or ask that I do it else where. I plan on doing it again this time around. I also plan on enjoying bf more this time b/c i learned so much last time. : )

bebe_ju-rah
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 9:38 AM
I don't see a problem with it. I couldn't do it because the ONE time I did (at the mall) a sleeze actually said to me "ooh, I'm next!" Blech!! Never again, I'm just not comfortable.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nikkifam5
by Silver Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 9:38 AM
1 mom liked this
It doesn't bother me and I do it in public but prefer to be covered up
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovemyhoney19
by Silver Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 10:01 AM
I don't care when I see women breastfeeding in public. I just keep it moving but if her nip was out it would be weird.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
toria2316
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 10:05 AM
1 mom liked this

I dont think I would do it in public just because I wouldnt want people looking at me, nor have I seen others doing it but I deff dont think it would be a big deal if they did. 

Randi02
by Gold Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 10:09 AM
16 moms liked this
I would rather see a baby breastfed than bottlefed :)
I nurse in public, discreetly, without a cover.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)