Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breast feeding in public. Big deal?

Posted by   + Show Post
What's the big deal? Of course no one wants to have some guys looking at their breast and getting excited over someone just feeding their baby. I don't think showing breasts is really the issue. Most of the time people make a big deal about it when everything is covered up and there is nothing to see. I don't see many women showing thier boob off when they breast feed. If you see something good for you and get over it already.

I just think it's silly. When I go to a fashion show, I often see breasts. It's really not that big a deal. How often do you even see women breast feeding their baby's? Not that often I'm sure. So, when you do, don't roll your eyes or make a fuss just ask yourself......

Would you rather listen to a screaming baby?

by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 8:56 AM
Replies (11-20):
SarahsAMommy
by Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 10:10 AM
2 moms liked this

I've been  told people can't tell I'm nursing, looks like I'm just holding them.

RochelleFS
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 10:12 AM
2 moms liked this

I don't think it's a big deal. I breastfed 3 kids and soon a forth coming in December. Truth is baby's gotta eat and should be fed when they are hungry regardless of where they are or how they are being fed, breast or bottle. Society needs to get over it. Breast feeding is a natural, normal and healthy way to feed a baby, not some sick perverted sexual act. If sexualized breasts all over the media are acceptable why does everyone freak out when they catch the slightest glimpse of a boob feeding a baby. Boobies are meant for babies. That's what they were made for, not marketing campaigns.

socalmommy13
by Skye on Aug. 9, 2012 at 10:25 AM
I don't see a problem with it...I guess its just what you are confty with :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RhondaVeggie
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 10:30 AM
Doesn't bother me at all. Nobody ever bothered me while I was nursing my son. I've been interested in the subject for over a decade since I did a paper on public nursing in grad school and I've only seen three incidences of nursing discrimination. One time a security guard asked a woman to move which wasn't that unreasonable since she was sitting on the floor in a busy hallway but then he sat glaring at her and the other three women nursing (me included) in an alcove waiting area. Another time a guy was giving a woman crap in a cafe and I shut him up. The third time there was a woman on a plane glaring at the mom next to me for nursing so I glared at her till she looked away. Kind of wish I hadn't bothered that time considering the nursing mom turned out to be a real stuck up cow and being stuck to her for seven hours sucked.
wenchmommy381
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 10:36 AM
10 moms liked this

I love this one!!

cupcake2819
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 11:04 AM
2 moms liked this

I think it is totally fine to BF in public.  I prefer the woman be modest about it and cover up breast and baby like I will do when I BF in public. 

pacificamom
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 11:15 AM

Quoting nikkifam5:

It doesn't bother me and I do it in public but prefer to be covered up
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TwinMomma2010
by Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 11:29 AM
1 mom liked this
One time a lady was breast feeding in build a bear I thought good for her she should be able to where she wants too
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
booga_mama07
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 11:35 AM
I have no problem with women BFing in public. I didn't n probably still wont w nb unles I have a big enough cover. The one time I had to feed ds was at a mcdonalds and I could feel all eyes on me even tho we were at a table towards the back. But anyone who is comfy w it, more power to ya sister!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TurtleMomma82
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 12:14 PM
1 mom liked this

I have before and I will again.  Sometimes I cover and sometimes I don't.  I usually wear a tank top with a shirt over top so all I have to do is lift my shirt and pull down the tank and there ya go!  My stomach is covered and the top of my breast is covered.  The only thing that's visible is maybe a little bit of my breast, but you'd have to be looking and trying to peek.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured