Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Tilted Uterus and sex...(may be tmi for some)

Posted by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 3:31 PM
  • 25 Replies
ok, so my uterus was fine. when i had DS (1st baby) long story short, i had a nurse start shoving on my stomach and screaming in my face to push. (a whole nother story in itself, she actually had NO reason to do this) well doc never mentioned anything about it afterwards. well, Im 17w and 3days with #2, and needless to say I have a different OB/GYN. First appt, she tells me I have a tilted uterus, that its tilted backwards. I have had severe cramps throughout this pregnancy and now that Im farther along, Im still not showing at all and now, sex has become incredibly painful. I've read that a tilted Uterus can cause this, and also that some have surgery and if it straighten up at the wrong time you can miscarry...has anyone experienced anything like this? Had a tilted uterus? What happened? How did you fix it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 3:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pacificamom
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 4:09 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
13mommaof3
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 4:13 PM
Docs say I do but I have not done anything for it. Mine isn't too severe but does cause pain a lot... I just take Motrin when I'm not prego.. Hope you feel better!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BlissBagshaw
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 4:23 PM

I have a tilted uterus... I didn't know there was anything you can do about it.  Usually it straightens up by itself during pregnancy.  If it DOESN'T straighten, you can miscarry.  But if you haven't miscarried by the second trimester - or so I just read last week - you're in the clear...... I don't really know much about it - except that it, and my endometriosis, caused my infertility for 5 years.

GavinsMom101310
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 10:55 PM
bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lena-Loo
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 11:03 PM
I have it too and we did nothing. I did have had several MC (i am on preg number 14 and only had one full term baby) but after the 1st trimester i am fine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alibrezzy154
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 11:12 PM

I have a severly tilted uterus and it is also tilted backwards. I've never been told i can miscarry because of it nor have I. i have one daughter and a son on the way anyday. yes it's more painful when I'm given pap smears and they have to check me i also have horrible period cramps because of it. but all the doctors i've talked to said it's nothing serious to really worry about. now if you have a heart shaped uterus then you have somthing to worry about and yes you can misscarry. my grandmother miscarried 17 times before she finially had my uncle and late my mother.  as far as sex goes yeah it's uncomforatble at first but the pain goes away when your in the moment imo it intesifies the enjoyment. for me anyway.

Larsbug
by Laura on Aug. 9, 2012 at 11:12 PM

mine is tilted...never been a problem though doc said it can be difficult to get and stay pregnant...I had a c-section with my first and said that sometimes they can fall back (which is probably what happened to me) and then it took a while to get preg again (almost miscarried him due to a couple different factors) and had another c-section but this time she did an u/s after to make sure it stayed where it was suppose to for next time.

GavinsMom101310
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 11:33 PM
do they know what caused it? or is it naturally tilted?

Quoting alibrezzy154:

I have a severly tilted uterus and it is also tilted backwards. I've never been told i can miscarry because of it nor have I. i have one daughter and a son on the way anyday. yes it's more painful when I'm given pap smears and they have to check me i also have horrible period cramps because of it. but all the doctors i've talked to said it's nothing serious to really worry about. now if you have a heart shaped uterus then you have somthing to worry about and yes you can misscarry. my grandmother miscarried 17 times before she finially had my uncle and late my mother.  as far as sex goes yeah it's uncomforatble at first but the pain goes away when your in the moment imo it intesifies the enjoyment. for me anyway.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nicholy10
sleepy
Yesterday at 10:06 PM
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 11:43 PM

My uterus is tilted...but all funky-like. It actually tends to lay on it's left side closing off my cervix more often than not, which is why I struggled with fertility. With my first son it corrected itself toward the end of my pregnancy, like shortly before i went into labor (a few weeks before), then after I had him went back to it's wacked out position. Now I'm pregnant again and I'm pretty sure it's still tilted 34 weeks (because ultrasound techs have trouble locating things at times and checking my cervix is a bit of a challenge). I have endometriosis and horrible painful periods when not pregnant. Sex hurts almost always. Pregnancies I struggle with lots of preterm labor and an irritable uterus. I have no idea how much of that is related to my wacky tilted uterus....

alibrezzy154
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 11:45 PM

as far as I know mine naturally that way i've had it ever since i hit puberty and they found out at my first pap smear.

Quoting GavinsMom101310:

do they know what caused it? or is it naturally tilted?

Quoting alibrezzy154:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)