Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

how do you feel after labor..2 weeks

Posted by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 7:52 PM
  • 16 Replies
I had my little landon July 28.. and I was just wondering if it is normal to still not feel like me..I mean I know I JUST had a baby and it seems normal to me but I keep reading how all these mommas 2 weeks after having a baby are having sex! My belly has been hurting the last couple days and I feel alittle dizzy today. I haven't got to rest a whole lot but I just want to know if anyone else felt yucky still. I also have like a faint headache here and there. Tia!
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 7:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BlissBagshaw
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 8:21 PM

I didn't start feeling better until about 3, 4 weeks  post-partem.  I was a dumbass and had sex at 3 weeks pp, and I wish I hadn't.....   I think maybe it's easier for mamas who haven't just had their FIRST baby?  I dunno, though....  You'll feel better soon, though.  Give it 6 to 8 weeks :)

jshalas89
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 8:27 PM
I feel great! 2wks 2days pp here. We had sex 1wk 2days pp. I didn't feel like myself or normal for about a wk. I had a c section (idk if it makes a diff). I was up and walking ASAP though like right when my spinal wore off (about a day). And I made myself do stuff. Hope you get better soon! Relax and rest, seriously you need it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AirForceWife13
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 8:27 PM
I was back to having sex 2 days after baby. He was also my 4th. I didn't feel yucky, I immediately felt like myself as soon as I popped him out. But I also didn't have any drastic changes or any changes for that matter when I was preggo. I think if I would've changed what I had been doing before and not went back to pre preg size as soon as I had him I would've felt not myself. Some women take longer than others so there's nothing wrong with that. Just take time and don't rush anything. GL and congrats!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RunningMom81
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 8:28 PM

holy crap i would not be having sex 2 weeks after a baby.  tmi but i bleed for 5-6 weeks post baby - so not sexy!  I get really tired easy after having a baby and cramps get worse with each kid while nursing for the first couple of weeks for me - plus boobs hurt between engorgement and nursing.  I mean, overall I feel great for having had a baby naturally (we use a  midwife every time) but your body has been through a lot!!  Hope you get some energy back and start feeling better soon!  enjoy your sweet Landon!

lillucky8
by Ruby Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 9:29 PM
With dd it took almost a month for me to feel human again. I had a long labor and delivery. This time my labor was short and delivery even shorter so my recovery has been easier, but they tell you six weeks for a reason, labor and delivery is a massive undertaking, take your time and relax, you will feel better soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mewebb82
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 9:39 PM

I felt like that for about 8-9 weeks after my 1st, but I had some issues and delays with healing. With my 2nd, it was much easier but still around 4 weeks before I really felt back to normal. I think a lot of it was exhaustion, but I was also sore. No way would I even think about sex as soon as 2 weeks. It was close to 3 months before I was ready after my 1st and 6 weeks after my 2nd. 

Tkline818
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 11:50 PM
Thanks everyone for the advice ..xox
Junebaby18
by Bronze Member on Aug. 11, 2012 at 1:39 PM
With my first baby, I wasn't healed all the way until 11 MONTHS pp. They did a lot of work on me down there after he was born though, most I'm sure was done wrong. I tried to have sex at 6 weeks, but he could barely touch me and I would almost scream.
Devious103102
by Ruby Member on Aug. 11, 2012 at 2:19 PM

Have you had your BP checked since you've been dizzy and headaches? That's deff something I'd look into. It's "normal" not to feel... "normal" after delivery, your body went through a lot, give it some time.

jazzylady88
by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 2:34 PM

it def took me a good 4 weeks to feel like myself again after labor...all women are diff so dont feel like theres a prob if ur not on the same page as others...just try to relax and get rest where you can...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)