Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please help? First pregnancy, and possiby miscarried?

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 4:32 PM
  • 19 Replies

I haven't had a period since April 1st, 2012 which is pretty weird for me because I usually have my periods every month at the beginning. I had been taking pregnancy tests religiously twice a week until recently when I finally got fed up enough to call the doctor and have them do a hCG blood test. This was this last Friday, and the results came back at an 8. I was told to basically be on bed rest because I was having cramps in my back and in my abdomen and the nurse said that if the cramping continued into Saturday to go into Urgent Care to get checked out. Following the nurses orders, I did so the next day. The family practice MD did a pelvic exam and said that my cervix was closed and sent me off to ultrasound to make sure I wasn't having an eptopic pregnancy and to make sure everything looked okay even though it could be too early and they possibly wouldn't see anything. It ended up being the case, nothing and the radiologist said everything looked good and that from what he could see my uterus looked empty. Throughout all of this I'm still lightly spotting (Not a lot, just enough to make the TP turn color) The doctor told me to continue on resting and to come back this morning for another hCG test. When I woke up this morning I was actually bleeding this time, not spotting and the color was like a royal bright-ish red. No clots or anything. I went and picked my boyfriend up from work and used his bathroom there, same thing, no clots or anything. We came home and following what the nurse had told me this morning that if I am filling up a large-maxi pad a couple times an hour to go to the doctor. I'm not doing so but when we got home I went to the bathroom again (feeling like I needed to go number 2, but just kept going number 1) when I got off the toilet there were large and extra large clots, next to one of the bigger clots there was a small yellowish-brown sac like thing and it was about the size of a lima bean. Since passing whatever it was my back cramps and abdominal cramps have gone away and I'm feeling pretty emotional even though I didn't "know" I was pregnant so I didn't have time to get attached to anything. I'm still bleeding and the advice nurse says that from what it sounds like me describing that it was a miscarriage and explained everything that could possibly happen over the next 24 hours and that a nurse from OBGYN will call me in the morning.

Has anyone gone through this or similar to this?
Thanks for any input that you put in. =/

by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 4:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JasonsMom2007
by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 4:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes I miscarried my first. I didn't have any pain but I did bleed heavily. They had to check me for a hemorrhage because I stood up and blood just soaked through my fresh pad, through my shorts, and puddled on the floor.
if you are filling more than a pad an hour you need to be seen. Eat foods rich in iron to help with the blood loss.
I'm so sorry :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kbornman21
by Bronze Member on Aug. 12, 2012 at 4:57 PM

How long did it take you to conceive after your miscarriage?

mem82
by Ruby Member on Aug. 12, 2012 at 5:02 PM

Many, many women conceive directly after a M/C because you are very fertile at that time. Some doctors will tell you to wait a few months to try and others won't. Try not to have a knee jerk reaction to try and get pregnant again if you weren't TTC. Give yourself a few weeks/months to reevaluate the situation. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Quoting kbornman21:

Devious103102
by Platinum Member on Aug. 12, 2012 at 5:47 PM

I'd deff follow up again with the doc, just to make sure thate verything did pass. 

kbornman21
by Bronze Member on Aug. 12, 2012 at 6:21 PM
The OBGYN nurse I'm sure will say something along those lines, given my hCG levels that were pulled today when I find them out. I'm also going to have testing done to be sure I can carry a baby. We weren't trying, but we werent against getting pregnant either.

Quoting Devious103102:

I'd deff follow up again with the doc, just to make sure thate verything did pass. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kbornman21
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2012 at 2:55 AM

Thank you, it's comforting to know there is still hope. 

Quoting mem82:

Many, many women conceive directly after a M/C because you are very fertile at that time. Some doctors will tell you to wait a few months to try and others won't. Try not to have a knee jerk reaction to try and get pregnant again if you weren't TTC. Give yourself a few weeks/months to reevaluate the situation. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Quoting kbornman21:

TLIF1281
by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 3:02 AM

Ya it sounds like a miscarriage hun. I am so sorry and possibly you might have had a galstone (sp?) I miscarried back in March and had just found out I was pregnant 3 days before. I woke up and was potting lightly and went to the hospital and they couldn't find baby and went home and I bled a lot and started to pass clots and just started balling my eyes out. Did not get a period after that. I got pregnant again right away and now I am 5 months pregnant with a lil boy. We still think about that little angel we never got to know and talk about him/her but are super excited to have our Ethan on the way! 

toria2316
by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 3:08 AM

Im sorry to hear about all that. :( and it doesnt matter how long you know your pregnant its still a loss and it hurts! My first mc was around 8 weeks with bleeding and clots. The second was a little farther around 10 weeks or so and the baby just wasnt forming. It was only the sac on the u.s. This is the longest ive been pregnant now. Im 21 weeks. There is still hope. Best of luck to you! Hugs!

JasonsMom2007
by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 3:11 AM
1 mom liked this
I miscarried July 21, 2005. Had my first period after that August 23. Aw started trying again at that point and became pregnant that month. My son is now 5.

Quoting kbornman21:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angela.bouchard
by Gold Member on Aug. 13, 2012 at 3:12 AM
1 mom liked this

((((hugs)))) sweetie 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured