Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

accidentally kicked

Posted by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 8:56 AM
  • 8 Replies

so we went to the lake yesterday to cool off (the ac doesn't keep up with the heat) dd and i were rough housing in the water, and she accidentally kicked my belly. Ever since there's been a dull aching pain, i'm not feeling baby move as much but i'm not bleeding and no other symptoms other than the dull steady pain....

any experience in this?

by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 8:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
nickigoingon8
by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 9:16 AM

My son was walking across my bed this morning and landed right on my stomach...I am fine and baby is still moving, if it continues to hurt call your doc and see if he wants to check you out, but normally everything is ok because baby has a lot of protection in there. Good LUck!!

CafeMom Tickers
iluvteeth77
by Member on Aug. 13, 2012 at 10:02 PM
How far along are you? when I was around 28 weeks I fell off the porch landing on my hip and back and my dr said since I didn't get a direct hit to the belly he was ok. I'm 33 weeks now. I have a 3yo ds who can be a little rough but the baby hasn't ever changed movement. You should call because they may wanna do a stress test and I'm sure you would rather be safe then sorry... Especially with the change in movement and the aching pain.....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Aug. 14, 2012 at 1:58 AM

If you are worried, just call your doctor or go in. Better safe than sorry.

Nicholy10
by on Aug. 14, 2012 at 2:23 AM

My son (2 year old) kicked me directly in the tummy during a tantrum. I was 24 weeks, it HURT BAD! But no spotting or bleeding, so the doctor wasn't concerned, and baby was moving just fine. Had an ultrasound not long after that, and baby looks healthy. Now I'm 34 weeks and everything still looks good. 

jenny0709
by Bronze Member on Aug. 14, 2012 at 2:26 AM
I would call the on call doctor just to be on the safe side. The thing that bothers me is that you have had a dull aching pain ever since the incident.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rockabillybetty
by on Aug. 14, 2012 at 2:31 AM
My daughter kicked me too with both feet and she weighs 50lbs by accident at around 19weeks had a dull pain on and off for few days no bleeding or nuthin jus uncomfortable. midwife said fluids etc cushioned my bby from the blow the pain i was feeling was just my stomach in shock from the blow. I had my anatomy scan a few days later bby was growing on schedule and very healthy. im 23w2d now :) Im sure ur bby is ok (:
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Steamedpuddle30
by on Aug. 14, 2012 at 2:32 AM
Do your "kicking counts " and to make you feel Better,call your dr. With my first 2 dds I worked where my clients were mentally handicapped. I was kicked,hit,spat on,ran over w wheel chairs,fell over beads, lifted heavy clients if I had to,and was hit so many times I decided this the I'd stay home w baby in my belly.

God made some miraculous womb for baby. I know I shouldn't have gone through all of that but I did. GL! I feel All will be well!:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
needsupport100
by on Aug. 14, 2012 at 9:00 AM
1 mom liked this

i did go to er, and baby is fine

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)