Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

First Baby.... Got A Few Questions!!

Posted by on Aug. 14, 2012 at 12:11 AM
  • 26 Replies

Hello my name is Lacy, I'm 39 weeks and 3 days pregnant and this is my first baby, my fiance's 2nd but he was never told that his other little girl was born, but he was told her mom was pregnant with her. And well I got a few questions about contractions. What do contractions feel like?? I get told it's tightening in the stomach, I have that.... Just it's not frequent! And I always think it's just my little girl moving around, but it hurts so bad that sometimes i cant move, and it's hard to breath. And I wake up frequently in the middle of the night cause it hurts so bad. And my legs feel sore. It feels like I'm being forced to do splits, and it hurts really bad. I just dont know if I'm having real contractions or false contractions.

by on Aug. 14, 2012 at 12:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brittani
by on Aug. 14, 2012 at 12:14 AM
1 mom liked this
Probably false. My labor hurt in my lower abs. But time them if they are continuous and getting closer together then call the doctor.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JAIRATRACI
by on Aug. 14, 2012 at 12:17 AM
2 moms liked this
That sound like contractions. I had them around every 10-20 minutes for 3 weeks with my youngest. Sadly having contractions does not mean the baby is coming right now. The pain just sounds like normal late pregnancy pain. The baby moving at this late in a pregnancy can be painful.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
norahsmommy
by Silver Member on Aug. 14, 2012 at 12:17 AM
4 moms liked this
Real contractions feel like the worst menstral cramps of your life, then they progressively get worse. Sometimes the pain wraps around to your lower back.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Aug. 14, 2012 at 1:04 AM
2 moms liked this

You are probably having real contractions. Just not active labor. When it is labor, your contractions will get closer together, more intense, and last longer, as well as being consistent. When you have contractions, practice breathing through the pain. Focus on taking a deep breath in through your nose and blowing it out slowly through your mouth.

summerbear
by Platinum Member on Aug. 14, 2012 at 1:10 AM
1 mom liked this

I have had 3. They have aways felt like period cramps. They start in that area and work their way up your abdomen and around to your sides.

LittleUtahMommy
by on Aug. 14, 2012 at 1:11 AM
1 mom liked this
At least you're having a little progress it sounds like! I am 39 weeks 4 days :) yay us! I have been having bh contractions for a few hours but no baby progress. I will find out Wed when I'm having her I hope!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ariesmommy84
by Bronze Member on Aug. 14, 2012 at 2:08 AM
1 mom liked this
This!
And congrats!! :))

Quoting norahsmommy:

Real contractions feel like the worst menstral cramps of your life, then they progressively get worse. Sometimes the pain wraps around to your lower back.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JAIRATRACI
by on Aug. 14, 2012 at 7:19 AM
1 mom liked this
That really depends on your pain tolerance and also if it is early labor contractions or active labor contractions. Early labor ones aren't always painful. With my second son I went home from my doctors having contractions every 10 minutes or so that weren't painful.

Quoting norahsmommy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jakesmom323
by on Aug. 14, 2012 at 7:26 AM
1 mom liked this
This for me too...

Quoting JAIRATRACI:

That sound like contractions. I had them around every 10-20 minutes for 3 weeks with my youngest. Sadly having contractions does not mean the baby is coming right now. The pain just sounds like normal late pregnancy pain. The baby moving at this late in a pregnancy can be painful.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyO2-6631
by on Aug. 14, 2012 at 7:36 AM
1 mom liked this
The only differences between false contractions and real ones is the real ones will get stronger and closer together. False ones will go away after drinking water or changing positions.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)