Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Hello, everyone. This is my first post in CafeMom, I like it so far. I'm 22 years old and I just found out yesterday that I'm having a baby! My boyfriend and I are more than happy, pretty nervous, but happy. It's going to be a long road but I think the end result is going to be the best thing in my entire life. I'm gothic, I wear black eyeliner and wear all black, not a lot of people approve, but I really do not care. I just thought it would be cool to meet some more mom's or mom's2be on here that have a darker side. I think I might feel a little more comfortable talking to people that I have more in common with. So, I just wanted to introduce myself, feel free to comment and chat with me about baby stuffs!!! 

ghost

by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 7:47 PM
Replies (31-39):
cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Nov. 18, 2012 at 2:10 AM

Congrats! and welcome :)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
tinder666
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:44 AM
I'm 31 pregnant with second baby and yes, goth too. It apparently was'nt a "phase". I have had a lot of issues finding clothes to match my style and pregnancy. Unless you special order all your maternity clothes online via etsy and want to pay $50+ for any item I suggest going to your local thrift store. I got alot of thing from thrifting and can't find too many goth clothes but have stuck to my traditional garb of all black. Maybe some puples, reds, or stripes if I'm inclined. There is not much else you can do. I did however, slurge a little on my shower dress that was special orded through Etsy. Girls screen name was DollfaceBetty. She had some nice maternity "gothabilly" clothes that were more reasonable than most other Etsy goth clothing makers. I'm having an "Owl" theme shower, as I'm not the one throwing it and it was as close as the in-laws would go toward my darksided style. Its super tough suggesting to people what to get the baby and that pastels will just not cut it. I will simply smile and graciously say thank-you and after the shower return what doesn't fit my motiff.
123MomAmy
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:56 AM
Congratulations! :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
rjmac88
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:58 AM
I can't survive without my black eyeliner!!!! Congratulations!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
WishingAway
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:21 AM

Congrats! :-)

FrancineSmith
by Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:35 AM

Congrats! I think goth preggos look so cute :)

GypsiSky
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:03 PM

Hi. Though I'm not goth, I too wear all black (all the time, with few exceptions) and black eyeliner and nail polish. I'm not sure what you mean by "dark side" though. Dark art is beautiful to me though :) Congratulations on your pregnancy. This is a great group!

YngCollegeSMom
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 1:07 PM

I didn't know "goth" still existed amongst adults. What is there to disapprove of  besides feeling sorry for you in the hot summer heat? At least black is slimming!

Congrats though. 

ImNotKarl
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 1:18 PM

I was lolita goth all through high school. I liked it, I just got into some other stuff, too and do my own thing, just a different thing than before. I'm 22 as well. I still have a lot of darker interests. I'm a gamer, like horror movies, and sort of dabble in everything. I'm due in July with baby number two.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN