Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Giving birth naked???

Posted by on Dec. 6, 2007 at 11:19 PM
  • 45 Replies
I just started taking a chilbirth class. In one of the videos we watched (which are VERY graphic by the way) I couldn't help but notice that most of the ladies gave birth completely naked. I have never even thought of that... I was just wondering if anyone else gave birth completely naked???

by on Dec. 6, 2007 at 11:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RosePetalTears
by Bronze Member on Dec. 6, 2007 at 11:21 PM
I wasn't naked, but I was in the gown that the hospital provides.  I think that I ended up looking prety much naked though. That thing doesn't stay on very well, and I wasn't too worried about making sure my boobs didn't pop out or something. lol.

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

telecomgirl
by on Dec. 6, 2007 at 11:21 PM
haha - not me!

For me, I just wore the wonderfully fancy hospital gowns, complete with ties in the back! lol

I even wore my bra during my son and daughter's birth :p

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Lilypie3rd Birthday Ticker

Centralperk08
by on Dec. 6, 2007 at 11:25 PM
I know they give us hospital gowns for a reason, so I found this strange.

kristinaneugene
by on Dec. 6, 2007 at 11:32 PM
I had my gown on for a while, but when my baby got stubborn they had me on my hands and knees pushing, my gown kept falling off and the nurse kept trying to put it back on and I was getting really frusterated and I was hot and sweaty, so I yelled at her to stop touching me and I just let it fall, I never thought I wouldn't care about being on all fours stark ass naked... but I so did not care!  LOL

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker

Centralperk08
by on Dec. 6, 2007 at 11:33 PM

JohnnaM.
by on Dec. 7, 2007 at 12:02 AM
Well, I have seen several waterbirth pics and videos. There are alot of them that the mother is naked or only wearing a sports bra . I plan on having a waterbirth mmyself, however, I plan on wearing a pretty yet comfy shirt for picture's sake. (even if it will get ruined)
I am excited about this birth. It's going to be our last and I am going natural this time!
Tryn4number2n07
by on Dec. 7, 2007 at 12:10 AM
By the time I delivered our son I was half naked! My gown kept scooting down and my mom kept pushing it up. I finally got frustrated with her and screamed for her to stop touching me. We have pics of me holding Michael with my BBs hangin half out my gown...oh my..not my shining moment. But hey, we sure play the staring role!!

Merry Christmas From The Dunn Family

Our Little *Cookie* is Due July 11, 2008.

MommyofLunai
by on Dec. 7, 2007 at 12:13 AM
I haven't given birth yet, but I do notice that everyone I've ever seen pictures of are naked, I personally think that while being hot, sweaty, and in pain most people wouldn't care about being naked. I think it would be most comfortable, and I'm pretty sure that I'll end up naked by the time my daughter makes her way into the world.  :-)
haightswife
by on Dec. 7, 2007 at 2:09 AM
im hoping to do a waterbirth if my hospital does them but either way im making them let me wear a bra and shirt so that we can have the "its finally here" picture. im sending out photo cards to everyone afterwards so we need decent pictures.
nmlyndsee
by on Dec. 7, 2007 at 2:26 AM

How do i put one of those lily things on my profile???  Anyone know?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)