Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

carseat

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 8:30 PM
  • 6 Replies
I received an evenflo carseat but it did not come with the newborn insert thing.
Where do I buy one
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 8:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
TwinMomma2010
by Member on Aug. 31, 2012 at 8:32 PM
1 mom liked this
Contact evenflo , do not use anything you just pick up from the store for these are after market products and have not been crash tested with your seat if you can not find one use rolled receiving blankets on the sides , go check out the carseat safety group =)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TwinMomma2010
by Member on Aug. 31, 2012 at 9:04 PM
This is an after market product and should not be used , if you don't believe me read the owners manual or go talk with the carseat ladies in the carseat group =)

Quoting skmehlebam:

BRU

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2967791

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
skmehlebam
by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 9:17 PM

This doesn't go behind the baby's body, nor does it add any padding behind the head that would enable the straps from getting tight enough for the baby to endanger baby.

This product is perfectly fine to use and is exactly like using rolled up receiving blankets. I am a car seat safety freak myself, I do not need to talk to the car seat ladies. I am one, and have been with all 3, soon to be 4, of my kids :D 

You said your peace, now let other people give their 2cents. Mkay...

Quoting TwinMomma2010:

This is an after market product and should not be used , if you don't believe me read the owners manual or go talk with the carseat ladies in the carseat group =)

Quoting skmehlebam:

BRU

BabyFruit Tickerpregnant

TwinMomma2010
by Member on Aug. 31, 2012 at 9:21 PM
Sorry

Quoting skmehlebam:

This doesn't go behind the baby's body, nor does it add any padding behind the head that would enable the straps from getting tight enough for the baby to endanger baby.

This product is perfectly fine to use and is exactly like using rolled up receiving blankets. I am a car seat safety freak myself, I do not need to talk to the car seat ladies. I am one, and have been with all 3, soon to be 4, of my kids :D 

You said your peace, now let other people give their 2cents. Mkay...

Quoting TwinMomma2010:

Quoting skmehlebam:

BRU

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babyspots17
by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 10:03 PM
Just make sure if it is the Evenflo infant seat with the Z handle it will fit in your vehicle with the handle in the down locked position with atleast 1.5 inches of clearance between the handle and seat in front of it. Otherwise it isn't safe.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)