Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

stretch marks!!

Posted by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 1:20 PM
  • 10 Replies

ok so i got stretch marks by like 8 weeks pregnant and I just want to know what i can do to make them go away after my son is born. none of them are on my belly which is weird for me. I started by getting on the highest part of my inner thigh and then on the other thigh slightly on the same spot. By now at 23 weeks i have light ones on the upper part of both my outer thighs, lightly on one of my inner thighs and really dark and bad on the other upper inner thigh. I just really hope i can get rid of these because I dont want to live with more scars.

by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 1:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommieof3_91
by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 1:23 PM
Coco butter helps alot
Kaylahk
by Bronze Member on Sep. 9, 2012 at 1:26 PM

any specific kind i should look for? and do they just lighten the marks or will the eventually go away

Quoting mommieof3_91:

Coco butter helps alot

momnthewaiting
by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 1:26 PM
I have been using Bio oil since 8 weeks once/day and now at 20 weeks, have no stretch marks. Hope this helps.
bpryce
by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 1:30 PM
Nothing will make them go away. They will however lighten in color over time on their own. I got some on my inner and outter thighs when i went through a growth spurt at age 13. Now im 25 and you can only see them if you look hard enough. I also got some on my belly from both pregnancies, after a year i an already see the color fading
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bri2011
by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 1:30 PM
Once u have stretch marks they won't go away, they will fade, shrink and get lighter aftr the baby. Coco butter and stretch mark creams will help a lot though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommieof3_91
by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 2:06 PM
They fade a lot and I would get palmers coco butter cream I have used it through both pregnancys and my strech marks can only be seen if your looking really had I use it twice a day
anime.princess
by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 6:52 PM

I use a mix of cocoa and shea butters with coconut oil (100% raw, organic).  I bought each butter/oil individually on Amazon.com.  They had decrased the appearance of my stretch marks, but it will not dissapear them.  Also, it takes time.  I'm genetically predisposed to get them and I got them regardless of the butters but at least they are very small and very thin (my mom got some really thick, and large ones) but they're there.  The smallest ones are in my new love handles and my lower abdomen.  My upper thighs got some larger stretchmarks (still small compared to my mom's and my dh), and my boobs have very few.   

rachelrothchild
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 3:20 PM

Some things work for some women.  I wish I could say I was one of them. There are products to help diminish them, but getting rid of them is another story.

lulu_tattoos
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 4:05 PM
A basic skin firming moisturizer used AFTER the weight loss will help tighten and tone the skin and really helped my stretch marks look less discolored and deep.
Mederma may help lighten the really bad ones, but that's something I'd also wait until after birth to use.
During pregnancy, I would say a regular moisturizer will do as much to prevent/reduce more damage as any other lotion or cream. Healthy and moisturized skin doesn't scar as easily.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sassysuie
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 4:06 PM

I heard that vitamin E oil is good to rub on them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN