Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

advice from experienced moms?

Posted by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 8:40 PM
  • 7 Replies
Hi mommies I am a second timer but lets just say that saying," every pregnancy is different" has been an understatement! Lol I am 33 weeks and 4 days today. Last week I was treated for a UTI had to go to LD bcuz I was "cramping" in my lower abdomen/pelvis but also in the front of my thighs? they checked me I was 30-40% effaced and starting to dilate(only a fingertip) Dr wants me to rest and drink lots of water. I finished my antibiotics and no more cramping but I have (for the second time in a month) noticed mucus in the toilet when I pee. I know its normal to lose it through out pregnancy and it comes back but I guess I am just curious if it sounds to u like I will be having her early? Bc I have felt all along like she would be heee before her due date.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 8:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
magenta_purdy
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 9:14 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chi_moma
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 9:15 PM

Just sounds like part of your mucous plug. Some women lose it really early, some don't lose it at all. I wouldn't use it to determine when your baby will come tho! All my babies were premature and I lost my plug (or parts of it) 4-6 weeeks before birth

magenta_purdy
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 9:18 PM
I knew it was... I guess what I am wondering is with the mucous and the fact I am effacing and starting to dilate already if it sounds like she will come early

Quoting chi_moma:

Just sounds like part of your mucous plug. Some women lose it really early, some don't lose it at all. I wouldn't use it to determine when your baby will come tho! All my babies were premature and I lost my plug (or parts of it) 4-6 weeeks before birth

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chi_moma
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 9:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh Ok sorry I misunderstood lol Since this is your second baby, dilating a fingertip isn't really a big deal. After you have a baby your cervix never fully closes so a fingertip just means it's loosening up a bit and getting ready.

Quoting magenta_purdy:

I knew it was... I guess what I am wondering is with the mucous and the fact I am effacing and starting to dilate already if it sounds like she will come early

Quoting chi_moma:

kris0921
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 9:24 PM
1 mom liked this
She may come early, or be born late. I guess just focus on keeping her in till 37wks, so she will be healthy. Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Sep. 13, 2012 at 10:46 PM
1 mom liked this

No way of telling. Some women walk around dilated for weeks. It is not a good indication of when baby will come. Like you said mucus plug will regrow.

With my third I had everything under the sun going on for 5-8 weeks. She was my first one that went past her estimated due date. I was never checked or dilation's. But I know around 5-6 weeks it started. I had those lovely pains in that area. Losing mucus plug and some with blood on it. But really no reason to check.

So yes there is no way of really know when baby will come.

lovefromwithin
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 4:09 AM

You could have her early. You could have her late. The mucus plug regenerates itself constantly.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN