Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Hey everyone! Just moved over from the TTC group!! Were so excited to announce that i will be 6 weeks pregnant on thursday! I have went to my local Health department for them to confirm it last week. Our insurace got all messed up and cannot apply for husbands work insurance bc the time has expired till next yr. So for now im applying for pregnancy medicaide. Dont have it yet but expecting to get it in the next 2 weeks.  I want to go to the OBGYN this pregnancy but im not sure when to make my first appt. i was told to make it asap but i have no insurance right now. I know every ob is different but in general will they let me be seen, will i have to make a co pay, or should i just wait till im further along and have my medicaid?

***************** UPDATE

Thanks to everyone who responded i got ahold of them and they schedualed me for the 11th so i will be exaclty 8 weeks then.  Crossing my fingers my medicaide comes through by then, I told her my issue with it and she went ahead and schedualed me in so we will see! Thank you so much We are so excited :)

by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 9:26 AM
Replies (11-16):
louzannalady
by Gold Member on Sep. 24, 2012 at 3:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Congrats on your pregnancy! : ) It depends. If you have a history of pregnancy loss and know you need something specific (a stitch to reinforce your cervix, progestrone shots/gel, or history of ectopic pregnancy) I would go in. Other than that, you probably know when you conceived because you were probably charting, so there is no medical need for an ultrasound until the anatomy scan at twenty weeks. Make sure you are taking your prenatals and drinking more water than you ever thought you would need, avoid lunchmeat and alcohol. And just go in when you get a chance between now and twenty weeks, with no huge rush. Make sure you chose a provider who has the same birthing philosophy as you. For example, do you view birth as a dangerous thing, best managed on your behalf? Or do you feel birth is a safe process generally best left untampered with? (There is not right or wrong answer, just different philosophies and it is SOO important for your safety to make sure you have a provider who truly views birth the same way you do!) *hug*

crystalrbp
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 3:24 PM

Quoting Devious103102:

If you'll have the medicaid in 2wks then just wait till you get it. They'll most likely give you a list of providers and you can call them and give them your info. GL and congrats!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gumeshoe
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 4:28 PM

I'm in NC and I had to apply twice to get it to go thru. I just waited until I knew for sure. I called on the 45th day the day they process the app and they told me verbally. Then I called the Dr's office got an appt, earliest was 2 weeks out, by then I had the number and card, called them back once I got it, so they could call and verify coverage.

Where I am they don't care if you have medicaid pending, since medicaid coverage isn't a sure thing.

mommy092011
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 4:51 PM
Most ob/gyn won't see u until u are 8 weeks. You will have to adk about the insurance billing. I know for my ob I had an appointment made & did not get my insurance yntil I was 14 weeks so i had to reschedule cause that office does not back bill cause they only see so many medicade patients a month
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aidenmomplus4
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 4:55 PM

Usually they see you around 8 weeks at least in my practice . 

sj3starz
by Bronze Member on Sep. 24, 2012 at 5:05 PM

most doctors in my area wont see people until about 8 or 9 weeks, of course if a person is high risk then they get in earlier. Also with my pregnancy this time I got a lot of appointments earlier because of wanting to JUST meet the doctor and be able to choose one for when I needed care. Not sure if my insurance is going to cover all the appointments but I figure getting the doctor and care I wanted and need is worth it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)