Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Who was the first person (people) you told??? How did they react???

Posted by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 9:10 AM
  • 28 Replies

So i just got my posiitve line test yesterday, i'm going to say posiitve because so many people on here have agreed with the pics on my other post... it was pretty faint though... but anywho digital today when i can go to the store in a few hours...

I've told my nonblood brother (really just my best friend) and my other best gal pal... and my mom...

Brother: I'm here for you through all of this, i'll help you get through it...

Gal Pal: I'm SO HAPPY for you!!!! (continues to talk about how exciting this is because i did want to get pregnant just not right now)

Mom: *screaming* YOU ARE THE MOST SELFISH PERSON I KNOW!!! GET OUT!!!! 

so needless to say my mom didnt react well... i'm not telling the baby's father... he isnt ready and he wotn be... he wanted me to have an abortion or give it for adoption if i ever got pregnant... he's doesnt want this and we broke up anyway a few days ago... for good... He's not the type who needs to be a father... Please dont post about how i need to tell him or he deserves to know... this is my decision and i've made it please respect that... yes i'm only 20, i'm young... and the timings not the best... but i will make a world for this child... and i know it will be the hardest thing i've ever done, my life as i knew it was over and i am starting a new one that will be full of screaming crying messes sleepless nights after nights... i know i wont know what i'm doing at first and i wont truly know the magnitude of it until it happens... i understand all of that... but i know there will also be happiness and love and a way in this world for us...

I am happy, i am truly happy, i'm terrified, but i'm happy... i'm the type who has never wanted to go out and stay out late and party with friends, i go to be early and rise early, and the only thing i've ever wanted out of life is to be a mother... so i could not be happier with this... though i truly wish the timing was better...

what are your stories??? how did it go for ya'll??? and do any of ya'll have advice for me???

Luck Love and Babydust to all of you

by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 9:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PinkKisses
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 9:31 AM

BUMP!

nikkifam5
by Silver Member on Sep. 26, 2012 at 9:42 AM
3 moms liked this
I mean, I really don't know what to say. I agree getting pregnant was a selfish decision and an immature one on your part. You didn't use protection, knowing that your boyfriend didn't want a child. And yes it takes two, but you had a voice to say "no condom, no sex" or at least be on birth control. I'm not trying to be nasty, but reality is you were thinking about yourself. And people change when they have children. He may want everything to do with this baby. And if/when he finds out you're pregnant he may take you to court for visitation and you denying him the ooportunity to parent will only look bad on your part. Being a mom is wonderful. But you have a lot of growing to do before the baby gets here ( if you are infact pregnant )..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-Kney-
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 10:17 AM
1 mom liked this

this is my second child but by a different guy so I will tell ya both stories..

My first son, I was only 15 when I found out, 16 when I had him.. my mom actually knew before I did not sure how that works but I was sleeping all day and the biggest one was I turned down food (I never do that) well I was on the patch and we did use a condom so I didnt want to be a mom but I didnt still dont believe in abortion and I could never give my child up.. well we told family of course my dad wasn't happy he wanted me to abort but I understand now where he was coming from because I am his only daughter his little girl its not the life he wanted plus my family hated the father.. I told what I thought was a good friend and she went and told the WHOLE town so everyone knew the next day.. My son is now 6 yrs old.. I did marry his dad but he filed for divorce 3 yrs after being married

Now this lil ones.. I was 22 when I found out I was pregnant I'm 23 now.. me and the father were only dating for 9 months when we found out.. we both are beyond excited, he was scared at first of course its his first child but now we are close to the due date he is beyond excited and cant wait. I told my Aunt since we gotten close since my divorce she knew what I was going through and helped me.. he told his mom and dad then about 8 weeks along we told everyone

Now I am 9 weeks away to holding my second lil boy and making my lil family whole.. I love being a mom I was young when I had my first but I worked my butt off to finish High School and I try my best to do what I think is best for my kids.

I'm not your normal 23 year old, I dont like going out drinking or what not I much rather stay home with a good movie which is great since I'm a mom.. my son LOVES having movie nights with mom. So I know how that goes for not being the type

My advice here is...

You need to tell the father, yes you dont want to but in the end its whats best for the child. If later he finds out and wants to be in that childs life and takes you to court, that can be used against you and well it wont look good. Basically just know you will have people looking down at you, talking about you and whatever else because you are young and pregnant. It's now time to think what is best for your lil bean inside of you and get it all figured out before he/she gets here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud mommy to a happy and healthy 6 year old boy plus I have another little boy on the way.. who is madly in love with her soldier.

kris0921
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 10:26 AM

I got pregnant at 18 with my first, it ended in a miscarriage due to stress put on me by the babys father. I got pregnant at 19 by my now husband, and have a 17 month old son. I was 20 when I had him last year. Well my husband and I were living under his mom's roof when I unexpectedly got pregnant with this baby girl. His mom and my mom were happy for us, but some of our siblings would have wished we waited a little longer before having another. Well here I am 38wks 5days pregnant with not enough money and not sure how we are going to pay everything that needs to be paid, but we have love in our family that keeps us together and we know everything will work out the way it is supposed to. Every child is a blessing and yes it is stressful and hard, and I am only going to be 22 in Nov, but we cant change anything that has already happened. I am glad you are stepping up and doing the right thing. Dont worry about your mom she will come around, and if she doesnt then I am sorry.

Snapdragon88
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 10:34 AM

This. Every single word. 

Quoting nikkifam5:

I mean, I really don't know what to say. I agree getting pregnant was a selfish decision and an immature one on your part. You didn't use protection, knowing that your boyfriend didn't want a child. And yes it takes two, but you had a voice to say "no condom, no sex" or at least be on birth control. I'm not trying to be nasty, but reality is you were thinking about yourself. And people change when they have children. He may want everything to do with this baby. And if/when he finds out you're pregnant he may take you to court for visitation and you denying him the ooportunity to parent will only look bad on your part. Being a mom is wonderful. But you have a lot of growing to do before the baby gets here ( if you are infact pregnant )..

CafeMom Tickers
BosGirl0906
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 11:15 AM
2 moms liked this

I'm sorry for your situation.  I can't imagine going through that. I think it's unfair for people to judge when they've never been in that situation. I've never been through anything like this but I know people who have. I think it's clear that this situation has every possibility of going wrong.  But that doesn't mean it has to.  It is up to you to decide to provide for your child.  You will have to work hard and you will always be tired but if you really want to, you can absolutely do it. I do think you should tell the father. One day that baby will be a person and might ask you about it's father. Do you really want to have to say "Well he doesn't know about you because I never told him"?  The father might not want anything to do with that child, but that should be his decision. And yes people are going to judge you and they may look down on you for being so young and getting pregnant.  But it shouldn't matter.  As long as you love that baby and take care of it and do everything you can for it.. that's what matters. When that baby grows up, he/she will know that you did all you could and that is the only opinion that will matter.  Good luck mama

Acid
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 1:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Poor kid!!! 

vinalex0581
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 2:05 PM

we told my parents and they were happy.

we invited his step mom and dad over to our house for dinner.

during dinner we told them and his step mom turned to SO and asked: "is it yours"

i'm thinking to myself are you really that stupid??

we never ever gave her reason to ask that question. she just asked because she's stupid.

then after dinner she asked where her dessert was.

she's not the greatest. she expects people to feed her when she visits.

BabyLuv0688
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 2:59 PM
1 mom liked this

how nice for you to be bringing a fatherless child into the world...Don't pretend that won't affect your baby becuase it will. Children need a mother and a father and it's not fair for you to be getting pregnant and then denying the father involvement with his child. If he isn't the father type then why would you be so negligent with birth control. Your carelessness is something that your child will have to live with forever. Your mom is right. You are incredibly selfish because this isn't about YOU!!!!!!

The New Mrs. Brand! xoxo
flawskii
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 4:08 PM

MY STORY: 

I'm 26 and I just had my first child. We never used a condom and I know that having unprotected sex can result in pregnancy. Well I found out during the course of our "relationship" that he was married. There was a part of me that cared but also a part that didn't care. I think after I found out I slept with him 3 or 4 more times. When I found out I was pregnant I had just got a promotion at work, getting back started with my modeling, and I had just started school so I understand bad timing. When I told him I was pregnant I didn't hear from him for about a week and then after that I heard from him a couple weeks after my baby was born. There was a part of me that was hurt and it's only because we have been friends since the summer of 2007.  I had no intention of telling him that my daughter was born but it's in her best interest that I did. Well in the process of me telling him about my baby his wife found out and called me. She wasn't rude and I told her the truth and I guess since the cats out of the bag he wants to be in his daughter life which I think is great because I didn't have a father in my ;ife growing up and I don't want that for my daughter.

MY ADVICE:

Even though you say you don't want to tell him you should. Look at it this way...if you doesn't want to be in his childs life then that's his decision. You make every effort that you can to establish a relationship so when you're baby is older and asks about daddy you can tell him/her that mommy did everything that she could to get daddy to be there but he decided not to. Every child deserves both parents rather they are together or not. That's the thought that ran through my head. I don't want my daughter to feel no hard fee;ongs towards me because I kept her father away from her, trust me that's not a feeling you want to feel in the long run!

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)