Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

38 Weeks. Extreme pelvic pain. Sore abdomen and ribs. Normal?

Posted by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 8:34 AM
  • 4 Replies
Needless to say, I'm DONE being pregnant. I want my sweet baby and squint bottle, and to begin moving on with my life.

However, at 38 weeks I'm more than 50% effaced and as if last Thursday I'm dilated to 4cm through my entire cervix. Baby has been down and ready for weeks. All I'm lacking is regular contractions (and knowing what a contraction feels like...enough to know its happening regularity) and leaking water. I've tried walking, and squating, and pineapples, and raspberries and praying to Gods I don't believe in bc I know mine is too busy for my crap. :) BUT this morning I woke up feeling as if I had yet again been hit by a bus, except that my entire abdomen and ribs are just SORE. As if I worked out, or got in a car wreck. Is this normal?
 BabyFetus Ticker
by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 8:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
schultzal
by Bronze Member on Sep. 30, 2012 at 8:38 AM
1 mom liked this
Sounds pretty standard. I'm 38 weeks, as well, and feeling the same way. Midwife said it was normal.
Rayawni
by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 10:17 AM
1 mom liked this
Yup, last couple weeks are hard but enjoy it. I already miss my belly and feeling my little guy moving. I love having him here though and also relishing having my body back. It's a double edged sword when you have a baby!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gacgbaker
by Platinum Member on Oct. 1, 2012 at 8:03 AM

BUMP!

Lullabylee89
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 8:12 AM

As of about 12 hours ago I lost the ability to even walk without crying. My public bone hurts do much I can't see straight. I can feel her hiccups...behind that bone. The pain is horrible. It's just...unreal. I spent 5 hours last night timing cramps that were all ten minutes apart but became too distracted by THIS pain. I feel so frustrated and defeated with this pregnancy today! I'm ready to be done.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured