Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

is 5weeks to soon to announce?

Posted by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 7:01 PM
  • 462 Replies
Yes or no? Be honest on what you think.
But my feeling is, Yes if something happnes, and since it does happen fairly often in the first 12 weeks, i would be a wreck anyway as i would not / could not hide the loss and the upsetness, i see no reason to hide the joy and happiness.
Maybe i just am letting the excitment get to me but would you announce it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 7:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Chellie13
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 7:07 PM
3 moms liked this

We announced the pregnancy at 5 weeks to his family , before his sister left for home (she was visiting from out of state, and he really wanted to tell her in person).  I didn't mind, but then they went and told everyone else in the family as we were sitting there... ugh. 

The way I look at it,  even if "something" *did* happen, it would be a sad moment for you and some people need to mourn that (even so soon).  So, if your closest family/friends know, they can support you (whether in health or something else, God forbid.).   

Totally a personal choice.  If you're bursting at the seams...let your closest know, just tell them to keep it to themselves for now. Then at 12 weeks, let everyone else know   :)

*edited to add this:  when we first told family before 12 weeks we also told everyone to NOT post it on facebook or any other site.  It's sad to have to say that, but that's a sure way for the surprise/news to get out before you even have a chance to tell people yourself .  I learned about two deaths in the immediate family on facebook, so I am very sensitive to this sort of thing.  I have to say , everyone we told that to was very good at respecting our wishes, and even now, at 4 months along, no one has said a word on facebook...

madreincreible
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 7:07 PM

I was asking the same thing last week! Im now almost 7 weeks pregnant. I wasnt sure to tell bc of loosing the baby would be heartbreak and i would probably go into depression! and i hate sypmathy from other ppl! I told my mom and close friends and family... then i quickly realized everyone in town new almost bc of my mom! She said there is no reason to hide the excitement! So i was on board! i was to excited so i told my friends and then i facebooked it!! Praying everything goes well! I would at least tell close friends and family for the support incase you do misscarrry! Congrats!! 

mama2my2boys
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 7:10 PM
i have 3 kids and i found out with all 3 waaayyy before i was 12 weeks its your choice if you want to tell or not...i had to i couldnt keep it a secrect i was to excited
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
faerie75
by Member on Oct. 1, 2012 at 7:11 PM

too early. i had a mc at 7 weeks. this time around i only told a few people until 10 weeks.

Daph2387
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 7:12 PM
I would wait until around 10-12 wks bc mc is more pronounced in the first tri.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ilaynasmommy
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 7:12 PM
3 moms liked this
I announced at 3.5 wks lol. Everyone knew how hard id been trying.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
madreincreible
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 7:14 PM

Its totally a personal choice! Most ppl will say to early most likley bc they have already had a Mscg. I think with our next baby i will try to hold in it a little longer! but i couldnt with this one we were just to excited!! 

Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Oct. 1, 2012 at 7:15 PM

Everyone feels differently about it. Do what feels right to you.

I am glad when we had our first pregnancy and miscarriage. That before we got pregnant we decided to wait till 12 weeks. I could not imaging having to tell people constantly that I am no longer pregnant.  I have been through two miscarriages. My hubby and my closest friends knew right away. But really they were there for me when I needed a shoulder to cry on.

brandie1470
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 7:18 PM
3 moms liked this

I think its really up to you. I am one of the people who m/c early. I was 4 wks when I told everyone. I was super excited. I lost it at 5-6 wks. The bad thing about telling everyone is that you have to tell them all that you lost it. I think its just easier for me not to say anything til 2nd tri bc if I do miscarry I will only have to involve my close family

Beautifulmom513
by Bronze Member on Oct. 1, 2012 at 7:20 PM

I found out this pregnancy at 3 weeks. I only told a few very close friends and immediate family right away (my mom and sisters). my last pregnancy was ectopic and I had to wait a few weeks with this pregnancy to find out if it was another ectopic. so I was totally nervous and stressing and needed people to vent to. I found out at 6 weeks that it was not another ectopic and that everything was good. but I still waited till my 1st offical OB appt at 9 weeks to announce it to everybody else. just wanted to be sure. but at same time I had known for so long and was so happy and excited and just couldn't keep it a secret anymore.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)