Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Stores doing away with maternity clothes??

I have gone into soo many stores and they do not have a maternity section. I walked into JcPennys yesterday and they informed me they are doing away with their maternity section also. wth? I remember when every store you walked into there was a huge section. Now, I guess they think we dont need maternity clothes anymore.. grr. The only stores I have found that have maternity any more is, Motherhood and Kohls. Both stores have limited selection and I mean LIMITED. Where do you shop for your maternity clothes? I know online is a choice, but Im getting so big so fast I needed clothes days ago. Help! Lol. 

Thanks ladies. 

by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 9:07 AM
Replies (11-20):
scperdomo
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 9:43 AM
Old Navy, Gap - large online selection. Some stores do carry a limited amount. JCP, Sears - some stores have a very small selection, slightly larger online. Macys carries Motherhood Maternity. Walmart had a small selection online. Target, in store and online, small offerings there. Kohl carries a selection by Destination Maternity. H&M had maternity, they don't offer online ordering in the states yet and have limited retail locations in the US. Destination Maternity online has Motherhood & A Pea in the Pod.
There are still several options available, unfortunately most are online now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AimeeJenee
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 9:52 AM

most of the stores here no longer carry them either! so annoying! I go to Ross and Target. There are a couple of boutiques here but they are pretty expensive, the only time I get anything from there is when my MIL randomly decides I need clothes then thats where she wants to get them lol.

karla85
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 9:54 AM
I found a small amount in Burlington and Target
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3rd2bedue
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 9:55 AM

Fine with me, Maternity clothes are a waste of money! ^_^ I just wear dresses and stretchy leggings the whole time and sweat pants at home........ect....! ^_^ 

cryleerhi
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 9:55 AM

I'm short so it's hard to find anything in stores so I normally order online.  The stores in my town that carries any is Target, Walmart, Old Navy, Sears, and Kohls. 

crazymomma365
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 9:56 AM

I have bought ALL my clothes from THRIFT shops.. I have 15 pairs of jeans ranging from Small to Large, 15 Shirts ranging from small to large, 2 dresses and I have only spent 50 to 60 bucks.. I have also gotten some great name brands and some VERY cute stuff... IMO Thrift shops are the way to go!!!

kris0921
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 10:04 AM
Babies r us has some too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LilynAustin
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 10:10 AM

Yep, I had a terrible time finding maternity clothes when I was pregnant.  Wal Mart stopped selling them in our area, as did K-Mart.  Target had some things, but never anything in my size.  They were always too big, too short...not my style.  The one place I did find some things was Goodwill.  Strange I know!!  But I found a super cute summer skirt, 4 t shirts, 1 pair of PJ pants, 1 long shirt, 2 dresses, 2 pairs of shorts, and 2 pairs of blue jeans...all in VERY good shape for $50.  Less than I would have paid for one pair of maternity pants at Motherhood.  :)  I only wore them for like 3 months too.  I stayed pretty small this pregnancy (odd considering she was #4)

butterflycircle
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 10:10 AM

My Meijer has stopped too! Motherhood can be soooo expensive too. My JCPenny still has some for now thankfully and so does the Sears by my house. I am about to need clothes too. 

Beauty91805
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 10:12 AM
Burlington has some. I bought mines from old navy online and received it in 2-3 days
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)