Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stores doing away with maternity clothes??

I have gone into soo many stores and they do not have a maternity section. I walked into JcPennys yesterday and they informed me they are doing away with their maternity section also. wth? I remember when every store you walked into there was a huge section. Now, I guess they think we dont need maternity clothes anymore.. grr. The only stores I have found that have maternity any more is, Motherhood and Kohls. Both stores have limited selection and I mean LIMITED. Where do you shop for your maternity clothes? I know online is a choice, but Im getting so big so fast I needed clothes days ago. Help! Lol. 

Thanks ladies. 

by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 9:07 AM
Replies (21-30):
LilynAustin
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 10:12 AM

Hahaha!!  I just posted that I got all mine from Goodwill.  It's awesome!  I got a ton of cute stuff...and it all basically looked new.  I even found a maternity dress that still had the tag on it.  :)  The tag said it was $75, and I got it for $6.  I love me a good bargain!

Quoting crazymomma365:

I have bought ALL my clothes from THRIFT shops.. I have 15 pairs of jeans ranging from Small to Large, 15 Shirts ranging from small to large, 2 dresses and I have only spent 50 to 60 bucks.. I have also gotten some great name brands and some VERY cute stuff... IMO Thrift shops are the way to go!!!

Nunyabusiness
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 10:14 AM

Ross and Target

RhondaVeggie
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 10:18 AM
Target, sears, Macy's, penney's, and motherhood maternity are the options in our mall. There's also an Old Navy and a kohls nearby and two consignments stores that sell maternity clothing. I haven't had any trouble getting stuff.
crazymomma365
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 10:21 AM

Quoting LilynAustin:

Hahaha!!  I just posted that I got all mine from Goodwill.  It's awesome!  I got a ton of cute stuff...and it all basically looked new.  I even found a maternity dress that still had the tag on it.  :)  The tag said it was $75, and I got it for $6.  I love me a good bargain!

Quoting crazymomma365:

I have bought ALL my clothes from THRIFT shops.. I have 15 pairs of jeans ranging from Small to Large, 15 Shirts ranging from small to large, 2 dresses and I have only spent 50 to 60 bucks.. I have also gotten some great name brands and some VERY cute stuff... IMO Thrift shops are the way to go!!!

I KNOW RIGHT!!  I mean why spend all this money on clothes you are going to wear or less than a year...

tommyfan5
by Member on Oct. 2, 2012 at 10:29 AM

I went to thrift stores because I couldnt find any in any other stores...plus they were cheaper

RedheadMama18
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 10:30 AM

If you have a Younkers near you they have a small maternity section.  I remember when Walmart and Kmart used to carry maternity clothes too and now it's like nobody does.  I look at thrift stores because they usually have them.

LadyBugMom09
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 10:31 AM
Here Target, WalMart, Forever 21 and Ross and Marshalls all have maternity clothes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JustCallMeBritt
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 11:21 AM
Target- little selection, burlington-even smaller, macys carries motherhoods clothes and ive yrt to find any maternity consignment shops. Im on pregnancy 2 and blooming quick. Very frustrating.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RhondaVeggie
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 11:22 AM
Oh, H&M has a section too that's usually quite big.
crazymomma365
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 12:10 PM

Quoting JustCallMeBritt:

Target- little selection, burlington-even smaller, macys carries motherhoods clothes and ive yrt to find any maternity consignment shops. Im on pregnancy 2 and blooming quick. Very frustrating.

most consignment shops for babies and kids stuff have them in them.. Atleast all of them do around here... Goodwill has a section, salvation army has a section for them... I havent seen a shop just for maternity clothes but they are normally in the shops that have baby and kid stuff... Good luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured