Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Stores doing away with maternity clothes??

I have gone into soo many stores and they do not have a maternity section. I walked into JcPennys yesterday and they informed me they are doing away with their maternity section also. wth? I remember when every store you walked into there was a huge section. Now, I guess they think we dont need maternity clothes anymore.. grr. The only stores I have found that have maternity any more is, Motherhood and Kohls. Both stores have limited selection and I mean LIMITED. Where do you shop for your maternity clothes? I know online is a choice, but Im getting so big so fast I needed clothes days ago. Help! Lol. 

Thanks ladies. 

by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 9:07 AM
Replies (31-40):
lovefromwithin
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 2:17 PM

I resorted to consignment shops. I can't even BELIEVE Wal-Mart out of all people don't have a maternity section anymore!

nerdymom28
by Bronze Member on Oct. 2, 2012 at 2:18 PM

I got most of mine from Old Navy.

louzannalady
by Gold Member on Oct. 2, 2012 at 2:21 PM

I go to second hand stores! : ) 

Army-Wife0128
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 2:23 PM
Old Navy and Sears has maternity. Sears is having a great special online right now. Their $40 dollar jeans are $9.99 right now and some shirts are going as low as $2.99 and $4.99
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SRB212
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 2:44 PM

Same thing happened to me the other day!  DH and I went to JCP and I was like WTH where is the maternity section!!  I have gotten cloths at Old Navy and Motherhood mostly but most Kohl's and Target stores have themOur sears had some but last time I was there it looked like they were about to get rid of them.  Second had stores may have them.  We have a store called Clothes Mentor that carries them, they are a sisiter store of Once upon a child and Platos Closet.

PresleyLove
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 3:03 PM

Thats too funny you posted this I just spent 2 hours online struggling to find clothes, maternity or not. its a bitch! The styles are select few, and always way too expensive. Dont they know we are gonna have a baby? Give us a break! GEEZ

ttc0710
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 10:38 PM

I've gotten one pair of maternity jeans at Motherhood Maternity.  Destination Maternity is also a popular store at the mall.  I think Macy's still has a maternity line.  I'm still early in my pregnancy, but I've noticed that many stores don't have a big, if any, maternity section.

Mom2Just1
by Bronze Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:43 AM

My motherhood has a full store and very nice selection.  It's the only place I shop.  My old Navy has some, but very limited.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Dimples04
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:45 AM
I do consignment stores & a friend lianed me hers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
birthymom4
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 11:00 AM

I got my pants at motherhood...and a few shirts at Ross.

Otherwise I do not have "maternity clothes"...

I buy the "mini dresses" and long shirts..but for me it is hard to find ones I like because for SOME reason motherhood = frumpy LOL

I just got this

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)