Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Stores doing away with maternity clothes??

I have gone into soo many stores and they do not have a maternity section. I walked into JcPennys yesterday and they informed me they are doing away with their maternity section also. wth? I remember when every store you walked into there was a huge section. Now, I guess they think we dont need maternity clothes anymore.. grr. The only stores I have found that have maternity any more is, Motherhood and Kohls. Both stores have limited selection and I mean LIMITED. Where do you shop for your maternity clothes? I know online is a choice, but Im getting so big so fast I needed clothes days ago. Help! Lol. 

Thanks ladies. 

by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 9:07 AM
Replies (41-50):
birthymom4
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 11:05 AM

Quoting ttc0710:

I've gotten one pair of maternity jeans at Motherhood Maternity.  Destination Maternity is also a popular store at the mall.  I think Macy's still has a maternity line.  I'm still early in my pregnancy, but I've noticed that many stores don't have a big, if any, maternity section.

Our city's Macy's just sells the same stuff as motherhood.

Pregnancy%20ticker

msbusychild
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 11:13 AM
Ross too :( That's my favorite place, but no maternity anymore....boo!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
orangeshirt
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 11:30 AM
Old Navy only carries it in certain stores. Many have switched over to online-only, particularly JC Penney because it is struggling financially with its brick and mortar storefronts.

I prefer local consignment sales and resale shops like Kid to Kid.
Cullen.Girlie.
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 11:31 AM
They do carry them online though! Or they did...I haven't looked recently LOL!!

Quoting kmqw229:

Our Walmart stopped carrying maternity clothes when I was pregnant with my first in 2008
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chasingrandbaby
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 11:34 AM
1 mom liked this

I have noticed over the years that most pregnant women don't wear maternity clothes, they were always pretty expensive too.

Byrd15
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 11:36 AM

Target has some nice stuff. Burlington Coat Factory has a few... 

But you're right, I need more maternity stuff and I cant find it... 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

mrsniebo
by Bronze Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 11:40 AM

I had just chalked up the lack of maternity selections in stores to be due to me living in a fairly small town. I've found a little selection at Target, but am going to borrow a friend's maternity wardrobe again when I get bigger.

ranawen
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 11:46 AM
I liked target for them although I didnt need that many and it was mostly at the very end.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommytobe193
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:09 PM

6352 N Guilford Ave
Indianapolis, IN 46220
Neighborhood: Broad Ripple

It's called the next step. I've heard great thanks about it! check it out and good luck :) I'm 18 weeks and finally getting a belly. I'll have to go soon myself.

mason1342
by on Oct. 21, 2012 at 10:54 PM

Depending on where you live, try a locally owed maternity boutique. Yes the pricing can be a little higher, but the quality is better. I have seen a lot of women complaining about not being able to find maternity clothes but you do not want to pay for maternity clothes until you actually need them in the last 2 months of pregnancy. If you purchase quality maternity clothes from the beginning of your pregnancy and not wait,  you will have comfortable clothes that will last the rest of your pregnancy. Then, you will actually have maternity pants that fit your body, maternity dresses that flatter your figure, and maternity tops that make you actually look really pretty pregnant....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN