Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Stores doing away with maternity clothes??

I have gone into soo many stores and they do not have a maternity section. I walked into JcPennys yesterday and they informed me they are doing away with their maternity section also. wth? I remember when every store you walked into there was a huge section. Now, I guess they think we dont need maternity clothes anymore.. grr. The only stores I have found that have maternity any more is, Motherhood and Kohls. Both stores have limited selection and I mean LIMITED. Where do you shop for your maternity clothes? I know online is a choice, but Im getting so big so fast I needed clothes days ago. Help! Lol. 

Thanks ladies. 

by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 9:07 AM
Replies (81-90):
msswisher08
by on Oct. 24, 2012 at 9:36 PM
I wear hubby's clothes and sweats.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ncohetero
by on Oct. 24, 2012 at 9:37 PM
I don't fit in them anyway.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
piratepixie
by Member on Oct. 24, 2012 at 9:43 PM

i was wondering the same thing, i hate shopping because its hard to find things that fit me when im not pregnant. i dont want to have to buy things online and have to worry about them not fitting, i mean if im going to spend money i want to be able to wear what i buy.. so i have been very upset that the stores near me dont carry maternity clothes and the places that do only have smaller sized!? do they not expect women to gain weight or are they just trying to make it harder to find things? 

so far i have only on maternity shirt and two pants, it was about all i can find... the rest of the time im just in stretch pants and over sized clothes.... which are just as bad but i cant really find anything else to wear so i am just hoping that i dont get too big so that i can get by with what i have....

anxiousschk
by Silver Member on Oct. 24, 2012 at 10:41 PM

Ack!  I totally quoted the wrong reply!  (You probably thought I was severely lacking in reading comprehension :)  )  I'm sorry!! 

(I meant to quote the one above you that mentioned motherhood being expensive)

Quoting kkmack:

No I don't feel like Motherhood is expensive. At around 7 months when I stopped being able to pull the "go up a size" trick, I went in there and got 2 pairs of jeans, a cute top, and 2 of those belly band things all for under $150. Actually way less than I spend on "normal" clothes. They have a lot of good sales in there. I fortunately didn't need much more than that this pregnancy so I didn't get a chance to really sample the other maternity stores. I looked at Pea in the Pod online and thought their stuff was really cute. Probably would have gone if I'd needed another round of maternity clothes.

Quoting anxiousschk:

Really?  Motherhood is expensive? 

I mean, I'm good with $30 pants and $30-$20 shirts.  Works for me.  I will say that the Destination Maternity stores with the Pea in the Pod stuff are super expensive. 

Quoting kkmack:

Our Motherhood here is huge and has tons of stuff. What I like about them over just a dept store section is the ladies that work there actually understand and know what will fit you and be comfortable because this is ALL they do. All the non-maternity stores I tried to shop in sucked, no selection and nobody to help.  Amazon has a lot of stuff and fast shipping options if you are willing to pay a few extra bucks for the faster shipping.

anxiousschk
by Silver Member on Oct. 24, 2012 at 10:43 PM

Are you able to google an old navy and a gap location that carries maternity wear?  We were able to make a special trip to a mall about 2 hours away just to get to the gap that had old navy (but didn't have much that fit)...it was close to an outlet mall as well so we were able to hit motherhood outlet and gap in the same day

Quoting piratepixie:

i was wondering the same thing, i hate shopping because its hard to find things that fit me when im not pregnant. i dont want to have to buy things online and have to worry about them not fitting, i mean if im going to spend money i want to be able to wear what i buy.. so i have been very upset that the stores near me dont carry maternity clothes and the places that do only have smaller sized!? do they not expect women to gain weight or are they just trying to make it harder to find things? 

so far i have only on maternity shirt and two pants, it was about all i can find... the rest of the time im just in stretch pants and over sized clothes.... which are just as bad but i cant really find anything else to wear so i am just hoping that i dont get too big so that i can get by with what i have....

anxiousschk
by Silver Member on Oct. 24, 2012 at 10:45 PM

Yoga pants and DH's shirts are my "at home" clothes.  As soon as I get home from work/student teaching (is it work if you're not paid?) I take off my "real" clothes and put on my "comfy" clothes. 

Quoting msswisher08:

I wear hubby's clothes and sweats.

Jennabrooke
by on Oct. 24, 2012 at 11:34 PM

Gap and LOFT

ssenter
by on Oct. 25, 2012 at 12:11 AM
I went to consignment stores target and Walmart for mine. Oh and I got some on Craigslist I don't mind used.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shelly69
by on Oct. 25, 2012 at 7:36 AM

I love ebay & burlington..

egyptian_mommy
by on Oct. 25, 2012 at 8:24 AM
Target still has them. If you have a Burlington they do too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN