Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have been co-sleeping... POLL PIOG

Poll

Question: Do you share a bed with your infant?

Options:

Yes, of course

No way!

Only occassionally

I do, but don't admit it

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 133

View Results

Be honest, do you co-sleep with you latest baby at any point during the day or night?

I got an Arm's Reach Co-sleeper, and still found myself bringing DS to the bed. What about you?

by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 5:21 PM
Replies (51-60):
squeakers2
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:35 PM
With my daughter, she slept in our bed until she slept through the night. After that, she was in the bassinet part of the playpen next to our bed until she was too big for that. Then she slept on the other side of the room in her playpen. We plan to do close to the same with this one. We keep them in our room until at least a year.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy2BeAmy
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:36 PM
She won't sleep unless daddy holds her so they sleep together I get too nervous I might roll on her
orangeshirt
by Silver Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Co-sleeping itself is NOT a huge risk factor for SIDS. It has become a target by agencies and the AAP as opposed to promoting safe co-sleeping, which helps reduce SIDS risks. In fact, most children that die of SIDS do so in a solitary sleeping situation that is not under adult supervision (I.e., "crib death").

http://cosleeping.nd.edu/assets/31970/mckenna_why_babies_should_n.pdf

Quoting candicefield:

I occasionally do it when my babies are little but I try to avoid it because it is a huge risk factor for SIDS. I have a little rock n play that sits right next to my bed. I can roll over, grab baby, nurse her, and put her back where she is safe. I have fallen asleep while nursing though. My older daughter sleeps with us all the time but I'm not worried about SIDS since she is 21 months old.

Heather2001
by Heather on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:32 PM
1 mom liked this

With my first baby, I was adament about her sleeping in a bassinet next to our bed unless she was nursing.  My second baby ended up in our bed after several weeks of being transferred back and forth between the bed and bassinet.  This baby has been in our bed from day one and it's SO much easier and everyone gets more sleep.

dolphingurl1286
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:36 PM
My thoughts exactly. I am to heavy a sleeper for us to bed share.

Quoting Beautifulmom513:

no its not a habit I want to start with my kids and I just don't find it safe. I won't do it. but I do have baby sleep in their own crib/bassinet right next to bed. but not in bed. I could never sleep comfortably with a baby in the bed as well.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
trilliandent42
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:36 PM

Babies can overheat, but it is easily remedied by keeping your thermostat down in the 60s, and not overdressing the baby.  One website suggested mom wear a long sleeved shirt to bed, so she won't try to pull the covers up...

Quoting orangeshirt:

I've never heard that and don't know why it would apply. Baby's proximity to mom regulates their body temp.
Quoting trilliandent42:

Temperature is an issue with bed-sharing...  I read that you should keep the thermostat between 65-68F...

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:38 PM

I've had my youngest in bed with me for part of the night probably 4 times a week on average for the last year.

Larsbug
by Laura on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:41 PM

absolutely not! too dangerous...they have always and will always sleep in their own beds

Mommy2Emmau
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 3:07 PM
1 mom liked this
I did with my first. She slept in a bassinet and when she woke up to nurse I put her in bed beside me. Everyone was happy and got more sleep that way!

This time around (Due in Dec) I'm getting an Arms Reach Mini CoSleeper and hope to use it, but at the very least it will reduce the fall risk, as she would just roll into her bed! : D
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 5:58 PM
We proudly cosleep :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured