Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

scared

Posted by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 1:56 AM
  • 12 Replies
My dh works graveyards and the closer i get to my due date the more scared I get. I'm afraid he won't be home in time, we only have one car. Sry I just needed to vent.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 1:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
louzannalady
by Gold Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:23 AM

*hug* Have you read emergency manuals on child birth, to prepare yourself, just in case?

http://www.cafemom.com/group/pregnancy/forums/read/12914334/FYI_Emergency_Childbirth

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:29 AM
1 mom liked this

How far away does he work? Unless you have a history of very fast labors, he will probably get home in plenty of time. My labors were 14 and 16 hours. That's more than enough time to notify him and get him home.

Do you have a back up plan just in case though?

Raeanne1987
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:04 AM
I was induced with my first at 33 weeks and from start to finish it was 23hrs and that was with having to ripen my cervix too.. I know it should all be fine but the what ifs are in my head. And yes I'm prepared just incase I think preparing is what freaked me out lol. My in laws live close I'm afraid they wont answer their phone or not hear it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kristy2012
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:07 AM

yeah i knwo ur sared so a i i a pregnant with four babies and very uncomfortabe theses days more time goes by i get more and more uncomfortable 

Star127
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:11 AM
Its normal to worry when we get closer to dd , sounds like u have a good plan in place. Stay positive by reminding yoursel that all will go well and conciously stopping the worrying thoughts as soon as they pop in your head, hugs :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:06 PM

I know with my first I worried about what if I could not get a hold of hubby. What if he did not hear the phone. But it all worked out. He worked nights and there was no one there for phone calls. He did have his cell but with the sprayers he had to use I worried. But he heard it and was home fast then when he usually would take.

Raeanne1987
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:14 PM
Thank you everyone :) its been 6 yrs since our first was born and i was induced so it was scheduled. This is all new to me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xoLisa_JoEllen
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:04 PM

I am certain he will get there in time. If not, talk to your hospital about it. I think they could help set you up with someone to be on call and ready to drive you and DH can meet you if he's far away or something. Is this your first baby? B/c if so, you'll have plenty of time. You can always get on the phone and talk to the nurses on duty at the labor and delivery unit to talk you through while you wait for DH.

Or, do you have friends or family near by who are willing to stay with you or be on call to help you?! Don't psyche yourself out. And remember if your pregnancy is a healthy one, you'll do fine.

My first pregnancy i woke up at 9am on the dot. Stood out of bed and my water half broke. It trickeld down my leg. I was 6 days from my due date and I had an 11am doc appointment anyway. I was in no pain, so I took a shower and got myself ready, took my time, woke up BD and we headed to my appointment and they admitted me and we had a baby 20 hours later!! I wish I waited longer at home, sitting that long in the hospital with pitocin and being poked and proded sucked! Good luck to you! God bless!

momof2289
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:21 PM

I understand why you are worrying. The fact that your last birth was 23 hrs helps alot. both of mine were very fast and with my first the broke my water at 7 and I had the baby at about 9 and with my 2nd my water broke at 4 and I had the baby at about 6....just try not to stress about it too much and just remember that you do have a plan.

kris0921
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:38 PM
Its ok. I got lucky and went into labor when my husband was coming home from his extra job. He also works graveyard, but got home after I was in labor for 3 hours. I still had 9 hours of labor before having my dd.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)