Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

you would know if you had a miscarriage right?

Posted by   + Show Post
i'm almost 7 weeks pregnant with my 2nd child. i have never had a miscarriage. my last pregnancy was free of complications. a very easy pregnancy. i worried about miscarrying with him but for some reason i'm more worried this time. i guess the thing i'm most worried about is that i'll miscarry and not even know it. this pregnancy is going about the same as my last but...i'm still worried. if i could just feel the baby i'd stop worrying. but...that's a ways away....
CafeMom Tickers
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 6:24 PM
Replies (11-20):
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:17 AM
I had a miscarriage & I definitely knew when it happened :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lillucky8
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:30 AM
If you are worried call your doc, they can schedule an ultrasound to check
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2christian11
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:43 AM

I've had two, one regular and one ectopic.  I didn't have "a lot of blood" I did have some bleeding which they say is normal for the first trimester.  However, I did have a friend who had a lot of blood.  So, it depends on the person.  My suggestion would be to not stress, or if its really bothering you go to the ER, they will be able to look and see whats going on.

Quoting Lena-Loo:

I have had 13. You will know bc there is a ton of blood and all of your pregnancy symptoms go away the day of or the day after you start bleeding.

lovefromwithin
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 4:02 AM

No, I didn't know until after I got the ultrasound since the doctor wasn't picking anything up on the doppler. I had a missed miscarriage too as well. I lost twins and ended up having to have a suction D&C a few weeks later since I wasn't miscarrying on my own.

amc103
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 4:56 AM

I had a missed MC where my body still thought it was viable and wouldnt pass it naturally. But it was very early and there were signs. My HCG wasent rising like it should have and I didnt have very many symptoms. The baby died at 6weeks 5days and I didnt find out till my 8 week appt. :-( I just had a feeling though. I dont know why. From the begining, I felt like it wouldnt last. I know that soundsbad, but its true. I cant wait to go to heaven and meet my angel baby. 

jenzachsam
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 5:15 AM

Two of my pregnancies did end in miscarriages and there was no way for me to mistake the pain from both of them.  I felt like I was dying with both of them but not as bad as my kidney stones though.

RunningMom81
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:05 AM
Thanks for sharing - my friend had a similar experience. She continued having morning sickness and throwing up even a week after her D&C :(

Quoting echupko:

I don't want to be a downer but no sometimes you don't know. It's called a missed miscarriage.

We lost our daughter in the second trimester and had no idea until I went to a checkup. I knew I didn't feel her much but I had an anterior placenta. I never dreamed she was gone ...

My first loss the baby never developed after 4 weeks and I didn't find out until 11w

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thatsme24
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:32 AM
My last pregnancy 2 years ago ended in a missed miscarriage. My OB and I didn't know until I went for what would've been my 13 week check that the baby stopped growing at 7 weeks. Sorry I know you didn't want to probably hear that. Hope everything continues to go fine during your pregnancy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
purvislets
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:43 AM

The first trimester is always the hardest because there is no reassurance.  Most of the time, if you miscarry then you will know but there are cases where you can miscarry and still think everything is just fine (usually called a missed miscarriage).

In those early weeks, all I ever did was pray.  We've experienced one early loss but thankfully everything has gone great with my pregnancy this time around.

Stephanie116
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:18 AM
I lost my first loss at 8 weeks. I knew. I had spotting and went for an ultrasound. They told me there was no heartbeat so I was expecting it to happen. But, when it did happen, it was horrible. I don't think I had ever bled so much in my life. Had I not found out via ultrasound that it would happen, I still would've known.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)