Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

you would know if you had a miscarriage right?

Posted by   + Show Post
i'm almost 7 weeks pregnant with my 2nd child. i have never had a miscarriage. my last pregnancy was free of complications. a very easy pregnancy. i worried about miscarrying with him but for some reason i'm more worried this time. i guess the thing i'm most worried about is that i'll miscarry and not even know it. this pregnancy is going about the same as my last but...i'm still worried. if i could just feel the baby i'd stop worrying. but...that's a ways away....
CafeMom Tickers
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 6:24 PM
Replies (21-29):
XxPixiesworldxX
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:03 AM
You will know, when I miscarried I had brown spotting for a few days.that turned to red. With my current pregnancy I had the same brown spotting start and went to the dr. right away and had lowprogesterone.they put me on a supplement and I'm fine now and almost 13 weeks. If you experience any color spotting go in for a level check asap.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
adriansmom11
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:45 PM
thank you guys! i felt my son move around 15ish weeks last time and that was such a relief. i just worry. and my friend juat miscarried after having 3 kids so i was like wow if it happened to her it could happen to me. i hate waiting and i don't go back to the dr until 11 weeks. but i guess i'll just have to deal. again thanks guys
kLynch315
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:19 PM

You do not always know you miscarry. I had one at 7 weeks and never bled, had cramping or anything weird. I didn't know until I went in for my first OB apt and they told me. Anyways, I doubt you have any reason to worry momma. MC is a common worry until you're out of the first trimester. Just stay positive and soon enough you'll be begging for that little peanut to settle down! :)

Devious103102
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:54 PM

It's called a "missed miscarriage". It's when the baby passes inside the womb but doesn't actually pass and goes unnoticed for a while.  It's a rather scary thing/thought.

Jensep
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:56 PM
No! I went to my 11 week appointment and found out I lost the baby at 7 weeks! I never bled, or cramped!!! Still felt sick...there are also molar pregnancies, that trick your body into thinking your still pregnant even though your not!
Larsbug
by Laura on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:01 PM

I was the same way with DS2 when I found out I had low progesterone so every night I went pee I dreaded looking in the toilet on the toilet paper for blood... I know what you mean. But I never did and he is 6 months old now.

RoseBud93
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:29 AM

I miscarried around 8 or 9 weeks when I was 16 .. it was VERY CLEAR I miscarried.
However, I had NO IDEA I was even pregnant. I bled all the time from birth control pills that had a weird effect on me and apparently didn't work so well since I GOT pregnant. but then, that night I miscarried, and found out I was pregnant was horrific. I pretty much gave birth over the toilet. there was a LOT of blood and it was all very gross... and in the middle of all of that was a little jelly creature with little eyes and little nubs and just.. the most precious looking thing :/ it was emotionally and physically painful. the worst pain ive ever felt... i have not given birth yet to my first full term baby so we'll see which will be worse. but that was MY miscarriage and I dont think most of them are like that.

CafeMom Tickers
Blue_Spiral
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:56 AM

I'm pretty sure you have no reason to worry.

But since you asked, I had an experience that makes me think I may have miscarried, but I'll never be sure. I probably didn't, but... it was still weird.

But that involved bleeding and lots of pain, so I think the chances that you'll notice something odd are pretty damn high...

JT95687
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 2:31 AM

That really depends on how in-tune you are with your body... everyone's situation is different.

In my case, I did not know my first baby died at 39weeks/6 days until they could not find the heartbeat during my last routine exam - there was alot going on at the time and so looking back I now recognize the missed signs but at the time I attributed them to the issues my husband was having with our doctor.  My husband was in the military at the time and we all had the same doctor and there was alot of stress dealing with that doctor. 

With my second pregnancy five years later (and our second loss) was a miscarriage at 6weeks.  With that pregnancy (#2) I had bleeding and cramping that was pretty light but I still knew and felt the loss of the pregnancy.  I became pregnant again quickly and had bleeding for the first 3 months with my 3rd pregnancy but delivered at 37 weeks a living, breathing baby boy at 8lbs 2oz, 20 inches long.  With my fourth pregnancy, I had more bleeding and cramping than with pregnancy #2 but delivered at 37 weeks a living, breathing baby girl at 8lbs, 110z and 21 1/2 inches long.  Why that was the case, I am not sure, maybe the stress of my mother's death had something to do with it.  It wasn't until after the funeral that I was able to see my doctor and confirm that the baby was still alive and kicking!  Now I am pregnant with baby #5 (another boy) and only had one instance of bleeding which was scary but I knew he was okay and we all can't wait until we deliver him on October 18th.  This is definitely the last baby because this pregnancy was more stressful than his older siblings but I thank GOD everyday that he is healthy and growing inside me until D-day.

My best advice is to call your doctor if you feel anything strange going on. Don't feel like you are bothering him/her as this is what they get paid for. You are probably not the first patient to call with concerns and you won't be the last.  Take a deep breath and try your best to stay calm because chances are good that you will be fine.  Good luck momma!!!!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

Our Angel Babies (forever loved and forever missed)
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN