Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Do you think breastfeeding helped

Posted by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 6:25 PM
  • 56 Replies
You lose weight? How long did you breast feed? How much pregnancy weight did you lose?
im planning on breast feeding, just curious how the weightloss is. I never breastfed past 5 weeks with either of mine and stopped for medical reasons.
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 6:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lulu_tattoos
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 6:35 PM
Yes! I bf'd ds for about 7 months before starting the weaning process, and bf'd dd for just a couple weeks or so before I gave up due to supply issues. With ds, I got down to my pre pregnancy weight in about 6 weeks. And then I dropped even more weight and was about ten pounds lighter than I was before getting pregnant. With dd it took a few months, and I never got back down to where I was before I got pregnant with her. But I was also a bit older and had put on a little bit of weight before the pregnancy too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
4_little_angels
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 6:36 PM
1 mom liked this
I didn't do it for long but no lie I lost almost 20lbs in two weeks doing it. Serious.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Firenygirl180
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 6:42 PM

I breastfed exclusively for about 9 weeks and I dropped from 250-215.  I continued to breasted at night and in the mornings until ds was 4 months, but that didn't help with weight loss.  I was back at 240 when DS was 13 months old and my second pregnancy started.  

Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 6:49 PM

Nope, I am one of the few that hang onto the weight. Till done breastfeeding.

Hoevegirl1986
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 6:51 PM
I havent lost any weight and ive been bfing for 15u months
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoveOfWisdom
by Silver Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 6:53 PM
I know it did. I drop so much so fast people think I starve myself. Then I get under weight and it sucks lol. I eat constantly and don't gain back until they start nursing less.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tresproudmommy
by Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 6:54 PM

Yes!!  I had a c-section so two days after I had my DD I had to go in to have my staples removed and I was still at my pregnancy weight.  At my six-week check up I was back at my pre-pregnancy weight....mind you I gained 45lbs during pregnancy.  I'm still dropping weight and I'm sure it's because of BF'ing because I'm only working out about 2x's a week.  My DD will be 3mths on the 11th.

Larsbug
by Laura on Oct. 7, 2012 at 6:58 PM

my friend had twins 12 weeks ago and she has actually gained weight while breast feeding...course she needs to keep eating to keep her supply for both.

TristaB
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 6:59 PM
I've been bfing for 3 months, and no weight loss :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RochelleFS
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 7:05 PM

All 3 of mine were breastfed for at least a year. With my 1st I gained 80 lbs on full bedrest and didn't loose it all until after my 2nd. With my 2nd I gained 35lbs and lost that plus an extra 20 from pregnancy1 within 6 months. #3 I gained 30 and lost it in about 4 months.. I do think breastfeeding helped. I never did anything special to help loose the weight. Chasing after older ones while taking care of a newbie helped too I'm sure.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN