Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Do you think breastfeeding helped

Posted by   + Show Post
You lose weight? How long did you breast feed? How much pregnancy weight did you lose?
im planning on breast feeding, just curious how the weightloss is. I never breastfed past 5 weeks with either of mine and stopped for medical reasons.
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 6:25 PM
Replies (11-20):
LinzLou86
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 7:05 PM

My first child I gained about 20lbs and was only able to Breast feed for 1month but in that time I was able to loose that weight & MORE! this time around I am for sure going to try my hardest to breast feed the first yr. but we shall see. Everyone is different but it sure did help me with loosing the baby weight. 

orangeshirt
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:06 PM
Yes! I nursed for 13 months, but by five months pp I had gone from 176 day of labor to 131 (almost 10 pounds less than pre-pregnancy weight).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
summerbear
by Rachel on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:08 PM
Ds is 14 months old and still nurses. I don't think breastfeeding has helped me lose any weight.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BlissBagshaw
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:09 PM

Well, I only breastfed for a week, but I went from 125 to 110 in a month without exercise or anything...  I know bf'ing burns calories, but I think your body is gonna do what it wants to do with the weight, regardless of that.

kittiecat88
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:10 PM
It didnt help me at all. I am constantly hungry. My appetite is more intense most days than when I was pregnant :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
norahsmommy
by Silver Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:11 PM
Me too! Once I'm done though I drop lots of weight.

Quoting Raeann11:

Nope, I am one of the few that hang onto the weight. Till done breastfeeding.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mjimaging
by Silver Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:13 PM
I wanna say I lost about 60 pounds in the first year but put twenty back in inthe following two years. I'm working on getting that twenty plus off now. He has been bfing for three years.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Blessedmommytob
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:14 PM
Not me, i noticed i retain a lot of water and i always feel bloated. Its miserable. Im struggling to lose weight. Im still full time breastfeeding 3 months and still going
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bebe_ju-rah
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:16 PM
Yes! I lost all my pregnancy weight in 3 months (75lbs) and exclusively bf'd.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LKRA
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:48 PM

A large majority of women lose weight when nursing, as it burns 500 calories per session.

Personal story:

Back to pre-pregnancy weight four months after first child. Nursed her for 3 years, 2 months and 25 days.

Back to pre-pregnancy weight two months after second child. By the time he was four months, I was at a weight I hadn't been at in almost 10 years. He'll be a year old in two weeks and we're still nursing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)