Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you think breastfeeding helped

Posted by   + Show Post
You lose weight? How long did you breast feed? How much pregnancy weight did you lose?
im planning on breast feeding, just curious how the weightloss is. I never breastfed past 5 weeks with either of mine and stopped for medical reasons.
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 6:25 PM
Replies (21-30):
danielsmommy2b
by Silver Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:17 PM

I've breastfed for 25 months... I gained while breastfeeding. I have PCOS though, I will still BF this baby as well, though! Totally worth it!

sj3starz
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:45 PM

I was only able to BF for about 8 weeks and I lost 35 lbs. Once I stopped BF (supply nose dived) I gained most of it back. I am currently 10 lbs less than what I was the day of having my dd 10 months ago.

p.s. I'm 12w2d and haven't gained any weight yet this pregnancy.

SadiasMomma
by Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:49 PM
It didn't help me. I gained a ton of weight. Breastfeeding made me incredibly hungry all the time and I ate junk. This time around will make smarter choices.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lillucky8
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:40 AM
Yep, it def did
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
birthymom4
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:22 AM

Oh yeah, I shed the pounds SUPER fast!

I weighed less then before birth at 2 months PP with ALL my kids :)

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:27 AM

It didn't help me. My doctor said it is about 50/50 who it works for and who it doesn't. A lot of women's bodies will hold onto the extra weight while breastfeeding. 

I breastfed for 7 months and couldn't lose any weight. When she weaned I started to lose. 

Same thing with my second baby only I couldn't breastfeed. I just finally could lose a bit of weight around 7 months after she was born.

Amiehart62
by Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:37 AM
I have lost almost 30 lbs and my LO is 9 weeks old:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
March12momma
by Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:44 AM
At 7 months pp, still bfing, I have lost all except 2 lbs. I gained about 40.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chloe_c
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:31 AM
I wanna Brest feed but I'm nerves the baby won't latch and all that good stuff so what if I just pumped the milk...would I still lose weight?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TTC2Long
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:34 AM
Yes. I lost all my pregnancy weight plus 16lbs. I ended up 10lbs UNDER the goal weight I had been aiming for before I got pregnant!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured